I will admit the staff was very courteous, however the accommodations were pretty horrific! From the minute I opened the door to our tiny 12x12 room, the first thing we saw was a roach storm across the floor. The portable wall AC didn't even work well, luckily it was a warm weekend and the heater was so ancient I didn't dare to mess with the gas line for sake of avoiding any leaks! I also had to request for a small refrigerator at an additional charge of $10 per day because their rooms "don't come with refrigerators". The walls were so thin that you could hear the neighbors conversations! And although I've stayed in old hotels that focus on preserving their historic value, this one was a total nightmare...literally! I'm convinced that we experienced a paranormal encounter. If you're into that great, if not well good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego