“Noisey”

Ranked #162 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Davis Junction
“Noisey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice room and lovely historic building, but I didn't know I would be directly above a 24-hour bar and the its street-entrance. Didn't sleep at all. Would not recommend that location to a friend. Certainly will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Littleton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Pubic hair in shower was unsettling, house keeping cleaning instantly though that was good. I was also disappointed that I was not notified there would not be parking anywhere and that the only option was a $20 per night vallet. Safety records in elevator are also out of date, when the elevator is 90 years old you should keep that up to date. Location was great though

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Aaron James P

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Santa Barbara
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Below is a copy of the formal letter of complaint I sent to Ramada.

Wyndham Worldwide:

I have just settled in from my trip to San Diego and the first thing I wanted to do was write you about my negative experience with Ramada Gaslamp/Convention Center (830 6th Ave., San Diego, CA) and its general manager Mr. Mark Efron. I stayed in room 522 from August 7th to 9th, 2013.

On the night of our arrival, after my girlfriend and I dropped our items in the room, the valet retrieving my vehicle was in an accident while driving it. Among other parts, the suspension, wheel, and alignment were damaged and it was rendered unsafe to drive. That night of our vacation was consumed by taking photographs and reports while speaking with insurance and the police. We could not speak with Mr. Mark Efron, the hotel manager, as he was not available until the following morning. The next day was consumed by arranging for a tow truck, visiting a car rental location, and stopping by the shop. Finally, we are home now. Once the car is ready, I will have to make the lengthy back-and-forth trip to San Diego and pick it up.

I understand the message on the claim ticket given to me by the valet. The words “We assume no liability for theft, collision, accidents…” removes the hotel’s responsibility toward the damaged vehicle. Nonetheless, does it also remove the hotel’s responsibility toward customer service?

When I brought up the fact that our main mode of transportation was gone, I asked Mr. Mark Efron about my options. He said it was on me to rent a car. He did not refer me to a rental location, nor did he offer to arrange a ride for us in case we did rent a car. Considering most of our vacation was lost due to the service hired by the hotel, I would have expected Mr. Mark Efron to extend some kind of courtesy.

This morning, while we slept in room 522, I heard the sliding of a paper underneath our room. It was the bill for yesterday night’s valet service of my rented vehicle. I felt insulted that the hotel would charge me for a night’s parking considering the accident with my previous car. Upon speaking with Mr. Efron, and asking him to remove the charge, he agreed. When I checked out an hour later, the customer service representative informed me I had a balance due for the valet. I was appalled, and worse, disappointed in the hotel management’s lack of outreach and decision-making with regards to my vehicle’s accident.

We chose Ramada because we believed your line of hotels was a great option with a higher level of customer service. Clearly the Ramada Gaslamp operation run by Mr. Mark Efron is not up to the standards of your other locations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple