I was very pleased with Ramada Gaslamp. I definitely plan on staying here again, and I'd recommend it to all of my friends and family, especially those who enjoy hotels with charm and history.
The valet attendants work very hard and quickly. But I might recommend that Ramada hire several more, if possible, to help their staff out and to speed up the wait for guests checking in and out. Then, I wouldn't feel so sad paying $20 for parking (yes, I know other hotels in the area charge the same or more, but still).
The rooms are nice and simple. They are very small, but hey, it's a historic hotel! Plus, who needs a huge room? You're in Gaslamp, so you shouldn't be spending much time in your room! I also thought the bed was extremely comfortable and I had a great night's sleep, even with the level of noise from the drinkers out on the streets, but again, I can't complain about that since it's Gaslamp!
The two elevators are small and slow, but they're historic and used to be the fastest in the world, which is awesome.
The free wi-fi is fast and easy to use with your own computers and/or with the computers provided on several floors for guests to use.
And Brian's, the 24-hour restaurant, was nice for stopping in for drinks and food. There are so many options in the area, that I might not typically eat at a place like Brian's, but I thought it was pretty good. And the pancakes really are the best! It was a convenient, friendly, and tasty place to have right in the lobby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego