My wife and I just spent a week at the Ramada, in the Gas Lamp district of San Diego and really liked it. It is a quaint 100 year old hotel. The location was great. We were within walking distance of the Seaport Village and the USS Midway. It was a bit of a walk for those who like to walk or a very short cab ride. Balboa park, the zoo and museums were about a $12 cab ride or bus ride away.
The front desk staff were incredible. I doubt if I've ever seen friendlier or more helpful hotel personnel. The rooms are a little small, not surprising for a historic building. The first night we had some noisy neighbors but, we always travel with ear plugs and did find them useful. The rest of the week we didn't need them. We were also just a block or two from some really terrific restaurants. We especially liked Escape Seafood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique style hotel is centrally located in San Diego's exciting Gaslamp Quarter. We invite you to step back in time to the elegant comforts, friendly hospitality and impeccable service of a bygone era. Opened in 1913 as the St. James Hotel, San Diego's original high-rise luxury hotel, our beautifully restored property is an oasis of historic style for leisure and business travelers. We are 6 1/2 blocks from San Diego's waterfront convention center. It's a pleasant 7 minute walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Ramada Gaslamp Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn & Suites Gaslamp/ Hotel San Diego
- Ramada Inn And Suites Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Ramada Inn San Diego
- Ramada San Diego