“Great!”

Ranked #142 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Rancho Cucamonga
“Great!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The front desk hotel staff was outstanding! The room was nice. The view from our room was beautiful looking at the pond and green space. Its a nice walk around the pond to see the landscape, ducks, turtles, flowers, etc. The hotel is located directly off of the freeway so its very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I booked this hotel for my son's High School water polo tournament. The stay was wonderful the boys enjoyed breakfast and said this hotel had the best "hotel eggs". I would definitely recommend this hotel for team travel. My husband and I enjoyed our stay as well I asked to be on a completely different floor from the boys. The room was a good size the bed was comfy this was the best sleep I had at a hotel! There was a small problem with the air conditioning but maintenance fixed the problem extremely quick! I would definitely stay here again! The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carl A, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel does quite a lot of business with sports teams and it's great to know that our hard work to accommodate these groups is appreciated. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place was very friendly and efficient. There is a great park if you want to go and take a walk or just enjoy. It has also a spa that seemed very busy (I did not take try it). There isn't really much for breakfast or anything (I went out to a restaurant on the second morning) but what they do have, is pretty good (I had waffle and sausage) and is made to order. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There are two parking lots, but parking is also allowed on the street and in adjacent parking lots in the evenings.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that faces the park. Nice view and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Riverside
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were happy with the hotel overall. The woman working the front desk for check in was very friendly and helpful. Our room was overlooking the lake and park next door. The decor was updated. The room was clean and comfortable. There were many areas inside and outside to relax and enjoy the scenery around the hotel. Would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a nice hotel. The lake view was amazing! Everything in our room was new and clean (room 352) and completely renovated. Maybe it was just our room but we were happy with it. The decor is fine, I didn't have a problem with it. The room we got with a King bed was NOT small, it was an adequate size but there were 2 of us, maybe with 3 it would get crowded but there is a couch there as well with a coffee table and room for a desk. The guy checking us in was super nice and welcoming and so was the guy checking us out (although it literally took 10 seconds). Parking and wi-fi is FREE. And Wi-fi is actually GOOD. They leave hair-conditioner too, as a lot of places around the world are stopping to do that for some reason. There is a microwave and fridge/freezer in the room, along with a coffee maker. The appliances were not old. The bed was comfortable, the bedspread was actually washed. It was super clean. I usually don't ever touch it at hotels but you could tell this one was clean. The carpet was clean too -- I even walked barefoot on it. I don't know what people want when coming in to a hotel. It's like they want the hotel to be just like their own house -- which I'm sure are not nearly as clean as room 352.

Room Tip: Choose room 352 if you want a lake view. It is located right in the center and is probably one of th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was traveling with my husband on business. We checked into this hotel but didn't end up staying here. We found another hotel 20 minutes down the road and quickly checked out of this one. The view of the duck pond from our room was very nice, but that was about it. Supposedly, the whole hotel has been newly renovated, but if that is true, I think it was a basic renovation to cover up the dirt. The lobby reminded me of a roadside motel lobby from the 70's. The people at the desk were nice enough, particularly because they let us out of our reservation after checking in. The hallways were painted in a putrid orange color with a loud, multi-color carpeting on the floors. The room was very small but acceptable, but the carpeting and wallpaper seemed dated. The bathroom seemed clean enough. But the worst part, and what made us check out was the bed. Definitely not renovated! You could feel the springs when you sat on it, the sheets were thin and cheap feeling or very worn, and the pillows were these flimsy little things like what you would see in a flea-bag motel. The whole place just had that dated feel to it. My husband said that the breakfast area seemed nice, but I never went back there to look at it through the lobby. In all honesty, my husband said that he would have just stayed there if it was just him traveling alone on business - that he's had to stay in worse. And it was closer to his place of business than the hotel we moved to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Carl A, General Manager at Courtyard San Diego Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not feel that the hotel renovation was adequate. The hotel décor package is standard to Courtyard by Marriott hotels and has received a lot of compliments but may not suit all tastes.

While I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, I appreciate your feedback and will use this to address areas of improvement for our hotel going forward.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at this property two years in a row for a sporting event and this is a typical Courtyard by Marriott property. It is in a very quiet location and a nice property. The front desk let us use the grill on the patio to grill for about 22 guys on the soccer team. The rooms are very clean and I would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends