“Great Sleep!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lusby, Maryland
“Great Sleep!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great location. Great staff! Clean rooms, and nice lobby for gathering. I was there for a work conference and the dinning areas were clean, food was good and again the wait staff did an awesome job attending to all. Bravo!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just got back from an amazing weekend in San Diego. Was in town for a bachelorette party and had the best time. I was so excited to get out of the cold and have some fun in the sun.
The hotel is right in the gaslamp and very close to the airport. Wish they had a free shuttle but it was only a $15 cab ride away. My friend had the rooms all ready for us and we had a great view of the city. The room is simple and clean, nothing fancy.
I highly recommended going to the lounge bar for Happy Hour. They have really good appetizers and drink specials. Michelle was our waitress and she was so nice and friendly. She recommended some fun bars in the area that weren't so club like. She is actually why I did this review.
All and all it was a great weekend get away, maybe one day Ill be back!

Room Tip: wifi is free only in the bar, kinda a rip off in the rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear centralwendi,

How amazing to know that the interactions you had with Michele were the reason you took the time to post this wonderful review. I can’t tell you how happy and proud I am to know that she made such a lasting impression and helped make your weekend in sunny San Diego a memorable one. Wow!

Best,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the end of March, 2014. It was our first experience at Westin hotels. Check in process was quick, friendly and fast. The hotel has highest floors for Starwood preferred members and as gold members we were on the highest floor with the good view of the city. Room was clean and well maintained with the plenty of space. One issue: you will hear very well what happens in the room next to yours. Hotel is located right next to the Gaslamp quarter, short drive to Seaport village, close to I-5 highway and etc. At the shopping mall that is almost attached to the hotel, we found a great organic grocery store.
There is lot to see at San Diego and we did not have enough time to see everything. Coronado Island is a must place to visit with a nice beach, shopping and just walking around. You will get a great view of San Diego from the Cabrillo National Monument. Old town is another place to visit for shopping, dining and entertainment. We have spent the whole day with our 8 years old son at Legoland. It was about 30 – 40 min drive from Westin and well worth it. Go there if you have young kids.
One major issue we had during our stay was the constant noise coming from somewhere outside that even technician was not able to identify. We were offered to move to another room on the next day and were giving a credit for the troubles.

I would definitely recommend that hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location alone is great. It's in the middle of shopping and restaurants. Plus it's easy to catch the streetcar or bus to visit other locations.

The rooms itself were in good condition. Staff was great, as we had to check in around midnight due to flight delays. All and all it was a great place for a vacation spot with easy access and great pool area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The entire staff here is incredible. I can imagine the pride everyone must have the works here. I would like to give special recognition to Julianne Pion and Catherine Bovier who helped me during my stay for a business conference last week. It was my mother's birthday that same week and she was staying at the hotel as well. I called quite a few times and neither of these women made me feel bad for calling so often (I really did call quite a bit), and additionally made each phone call more informative than the last. They remembered me when I met them in person and came up to me in the lobby - face recognition - and let me know personally that the flowers for my mom (from a fabulous florist closeby) would be in her room at the time I asked. In addition, there was coffee and cake that the staff must have taken care of as well - I didn't even have to ask for it, it was just done. I stayed here for 5 days and every single time I saw Julianne or Catherine they were extremely kind to not only me, but other clients as well. These two women deserve a lot of recognition for consistency and going above and behind what it means to carry out excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Become a starwood member and you will have a better chance of staying with fellow business people. a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear mauraeileen,

What a great way to start the day by reading about your fantastic experience here at the Westin! I am so glad that you and your mom enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass along your accolades to Julianne and Catherine. It’s great to know that we were able to make your mom’s birthday a truly memorable one. We’d love to welcome you back next year for a repeat birthday celebration!

Until then... Be well,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have stayed at numerous Westin properties, and not only is this one of the nicer properties in terms of quality, it has phenomenal staff. The front desk staff could not be nicer, more helpful, or more accommodating in making my stay amazing - particularly Emma, Gabe, and Shayna. They do everything they can to make my experience at the hotel as good as it could be!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jacob G,

We do have a phenomenal staff and I am so happy you were left with some wonderful memories. Describing your experience here as being “as good as it could be!” is extremely rewarding and I will enjoy sharing your story with Emma, Gabe and Shayna.

Hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Ohio
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a nice experience at the Westin while there for a conference. The conference rooms themselves were a bit lacking, with not enough power outlets, too-cold temperatures, and hit or miss catering. The hotel room was nice, with very comfortable beds. I always look forward to the Westin workout program where you can rent shoes/workout clothes. Their availability was not good. They didn't have my shoe size, and they gave me a men's workout shirt/shorts. The concierge desk was certainly excellent, as was the staff in general.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business