The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
1,837 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet serviceper nightpetco parkhotel restaurantuss midwayseaport village
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel itself was what I expected...clean, good size rooms, decent views, good food; but the Customer Service was amazing! I had ankle surgery 3 weeks prior to my stay and they arranged a scooter for the week since the convention center is several blocks away, and above that they did nothing but accommodate anything I needed and did so with a huge smile on their faces. My keys de-activated twice and they came upstairs within 60 seconds of me calling down. If you like being treated how a consumer should be treated I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

JoeyS55

First, I’d like to wish you a speedy recovery from your recent ankle surgery. And secondly, I want to thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor and for choosing The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.

I was extremely pleased to read how happy you were with the “amazing” service you received. We believe that stellar customer service is what sets us apart and it is very rewarding to hear just how memorable an impression the staff made on your stay. I hope you are able to return one day and enjoy all the city has to offer - without the need for a scooter!

Be well,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location is perfect! You are in the heart of everything and within walking distance to delicious restaurants, fun area attractions and shopping. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would recommend staying here. The staff was friendly and helpful always offering assistance and recommendations. Concierge had lots of great recommendations as well and helped map out things that were a must see. Rooms were very comfortable and their beds are truly heavenly :) Clean, modern and comfortable. We will definitely return... San Diego is a beautiful city and this hotel is in the perfect place to help you enjoy all it has to offer! Couple things for your must do list.. Coronado, La Jolla, the San Diego Zoo and definitely check out Seaport Village, Little Italy and the Gaslamp Quarter... Hundreds of restaurants just minutes away too! If you are looking for an ideal location with great service, then definitely check this out.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to enjoy the view of the city and bay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

SummerSun_2010

So happy to read that you not only enjoyed your stay but plan on returning to the Westin! I’d have to agree, San Diego is a beautiful city, and our location makes sightseeing - and just about anything else you would want to do – a breeze. Especially when there’s so much to do nearby and all of it just a few steps from our front door. Our Concierge team does a great job of making recommendations and ensuring that our guests make the most of their time here and I’m glad you found their suggestions helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This is what to expect from a full service Westin. Rooms are spacious and clean, Heavenly Bed is perfect. Concierge desk extremely friendly, professional, and helpful. Outdoor mall adjacent, and lots of choices for restaurants nearby. The Gaslamp is a restaurant Mecca. There's another Westin just down the street, but I prefer this one for its layout and location in Gaslamp. Only parking is valet, so plan on adding 32 bucks to your tab if you have a car. A very quick trip to the airport too. The restaurant in lobby has some great dishes, and there is a Grab and Go as well. I really like this place, its staff and location.

• Stayed: June 2013
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Murphysjsr

Thank you for the wonderful review. From our famous Heavenly Beds, to our restaurant Pinzimini, to the service you received from the staff - it certainly sounds like you had a great time! Being perfectly located in the heart of downtown San Diego, the hotel has something for everyone whether it’s shopping, dining, sightseeing, museums or just enjoying an afternoon by the pool.

I was happy to see that you mentioned Ingredients, our grab and go dining option. This quick stop venue provides breakfast and lunch selections ranging from yogurt parfaits and cereals to gourmet salads and sandwiches along with Starbucks coffee and other specialty beverages. It’s very popular with our guests and a great way to energize when on the run!

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Westin had a very strong Concierge and Bellman.
Paul the bellman was very helpful with recommendations of the local area for shopping.
The Gas Lamp area had a great food in walking distance. Everything is pretty close b by.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Sheashea5 -

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and recognize the concierge team and Paul, with our luggage assistance team. They are all fantastic associates that strive to create great guest experiences. I will ensure they are personally recognized.

Kind Regards,
Keri Robinson,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

For starters the hotel was very modern and clean. I have stayed in many hotels and this was one that I would stay at again. This being said.... I also had a few unhappy moments with the hotel, the first being I had prepaid my room and when I got there I was made to wait for 1.5 hours because the hotel had over booked and had no rooms available.... Really? secondly I had requested a room above the 14th floor facing the bay, none of which where accomadated. I hope this will not be an issue I run into next time?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple