“Great Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cedar Lake, Indiana
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We loved the service we received at the Westin Gaslamp! We were mistakenly assigned a double room. Paul was assisting us with the luggage. When we told him about it he called the front desk and got our room switched to a king right away. He took us to the room and helped us set up our luggage. He got ice for our ice bucket. Then he went down to the front desk and returned with our new keys. We requested more hangers when he asked if there was anything else he could do for us. He had housekeeping send them up right away. What a pleasure it was to have such splendid service!
When we were in the bar Shannon served us and had great drink suggestions as well as dining suggestions. She was very helpful! We will certainly stay there the next time we come out because of such wonderful people!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Allyson1455

What a pleasure it was to read your comments and to hear how helpful Paul and Shannon were. We strive for high marks when it comes to service and it is rewarding to know when our associates deliver a memorable guest experience.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Gaslamp Quarter, hopefully soon!

Be Well,
Keri Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2013

No complaints whatsoever. Clean, comfortable, modern room with all the amenities. Very comfortable bed. Excellent shower. Easy walk to loads of restaurants and the waterfront. I would stay here again if I return to San Diego.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Doug M

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter and would return the next time you are in San Diego. In addition to the very popular Heavenly Bed, our Heavenly Shower feature is another Westin exclusive that offers our guests a spa-like experience while also conserving water.

We appreciate you choosing The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. And you’re right - we do have a great location!

State College, PA
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wanted to send flowers to my lady's room while she was staying there. I live on the other side of the country. I called near 7 pm and Katherine was able to contact a florist and get a bouquet in my lady's room before she got home from dinner that night. Katherine is the epitome of what a concierge should be, friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Sean K

It was wonderful to read your comments regarding Catherine Bouvier! I'm so glad she was able to assist you in arranging a lovely surprise. She is definitely amazing and one of our many outstanding associates. I assure you I will pass along your kind words to her.

Hopefully if there is a return trip to San Diego in the future, you will have the opportunity to experience The Westin Gaslamp Quarter for yourself!

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a large group from out of town stay at this hotel over a four day period. Their check-in went very smoothly (there was approximately 70 people) and received numerous compliments from the group on the hotel, the staff and the close proximity to shopping, restaurants and night clubs.

The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to vacation in San Diego or a large group attending an event or conference.

Danielle

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Danielle C

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. It was rewarding to read that your large group was well taken care of by our staff and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. Our location is definitely ideal and it sounds as if there was something for everyone in your group whether it was shopping, dining or the numerous nightlife options. And all within steps of the hotel!

Thank you again for your review and for choosing The Westin Gaslamp Quarter.

Best,
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here last week and loved it. The hotel is beautiful, newly refurbished, right next to a fantastic shopping center and near bars, restaurants, offices, etc. For this trip it was my mother (a modern grandma), my brother (a single bachelor), my 2 year old, 5 month old and me. I chose this hotel because of the location. In this hotel at 6 pm that my babies were too tired from a full day out, I could stay in taking care of them while they slept, have a delicious dinner from the hotel's room service (outstanding and delicious, but a bit pricey) my mother could go to Horton Plaza on foot and come and go as much as she wanted until the stores closed (at 9pm) and my brother could have a drink at the hotel's up and coming bar, or go to another bar near by or to the theatre or movies as late as he wanted. I am definitely returning to this hotel soon, just next time I might not rent a car, save the $35 valet parking and arrange shuttles to the zoo, amusement parks and shopping malls, with the hotel's service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AnaEl_Mart

It’s great to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your experience at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Our bar does have a great atmosphere, whether meeting friends or just enjoying a relaxing drink at the end of the day. I hope you were also able to try Pinzimini, our Italian style restaurant, which is a favorite among our guests and locals.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Gaslamp Quarter soon!

Kind regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'd like to almost gush about Marina Serhan. What a great lady. She was so patient with my Australian friends and all their questions. And she personally took me along to the nearby Optometrist to see if he could do something about an eye problem I had developed. (By the time I got home, I was much better, thank you Marina.) Also Julianne...who got me a boarding pass on my flight home on Southwest. We all know what a low boarding number means there. All the staff were welcoming and smiling. Having been in the service industry for nearly 4 decades, the magic of a smile is well known to me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Margo W

It was terrific to read that you not only enjoyed your stay at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter but that you took the time to “almost gush” about Marina Serhan and Julianne Pion for their assistance. I can’t tell you how pleased I was to read your review. Our concierge team is truly amazing. And being in the service industry for nearly 40 years, as you have been, certainly gives you an eye for excellence! I am so happy that your experience here at the hotel was a memorable one. I hope the next time you visit San Diego that we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a great hotel with good service. The only drawbacks are they do not have pop machines on the property only thru (expensive) room service. They also charge you $36 dollars a day for parking, but you can go in and out as you like.

Room Tip: Bring your own beverages and park somewhere cheaper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review John P.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your experience and our services. Our hotel does not offer vending machines on the guest floors, however, our location is conveniently located very close to a grocery store and several convenience stores. Based on our guest feedback, they preferred to have the empty refrigerator and the option to bring or purchase their own items versus a stocked minibar that didn't quite cool like a refrigerator. We do offer refreshment center on demand through In Room Dining and it is tailored to your personal preferences.

Thank you again for your review and feedback - we truly appreciate you choosing the Westin Gaslamp Quarter as your home away from home.

Kind Regards,