“Katherine Bouvier (sp?) the Concierge is amazing”

The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #36 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
State College, PA
“Katherine Bouvier (sp?) the Concierge is amazing”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I wanted to send flowers to my lady's room while she was staying there. I live on the other side of the country. I called near 7 pm and Katherine was able to contact a florist and get a bouquet in my lady's room before she got home from dinner that night. Katherine is the epitome of what a concierge should be, friendly, helpful and willing to go the extra mile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Sean K

It was wonderful to read your comments regarding Catherine Bouvier! I'm so glad she was able to assist you in arranging a lovely surprise. She is definitely amazing and one of our many outstanding associates. I assure you I will pass along your kind words to her.

Hopefully if there is a return trip to San Diego in the future, you will have the opportunity to experience The Westin Gaslamp Quarter for yourself!

Be well,
Keri Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a large group from out of town stay at this hotel over a four day period. Their check-in went very smoothly (there was approximately 70 people) and received numerous compliments from the group on the hotel, the staff and the close proximity to shopping, restaurants and night clubs.

The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to vacation in San Diego or a large group attending an event or conference.

Danielle

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Danielle C

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. It was rewarding to read that your large group was well taken care of by our staff and enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. Our location is definitely ideal and it sounds as if there was something for everyone in your group whether it was shopping, dining or the numerous nightlife options. And all within steps of the hotel!

Thank you again for your review and for choosing The Westin Gaslamp Quarter.

Best,
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here last week and loved it. The hotel is beautiful, newly refurbished, right next to a fantastic shopping center and near bars, restaurants, offices, etc. For this trip it was my mother (a modern grandma), my brother (a single bachelor), my 2 year old, 5 month old and me. I chose this hotel because of the location. In this hotel at 6 pm that my babies were too tired from a full day out, I could stay in taking care of them while they slept, have a delicious dinner from the hotel's room service (outstanding and delicious, but a bit pricey) my mother could go to Horton Plaza on foot and come and go as much as she wanted until the stores closed (at 9pm) and my brother could have a drink at the hotel's up and coming bar, or go to another bar near by or to the theatre or movies as late as he wanted. I am definitely returning to this hotel soon, just next time I might not rent a car, save the $35 valet parking and arrange shuttles to the zoo, amusement parks and shopping malls, with the hotel's service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AnaEl_Mart

It’s great to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your experience at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Our bar does have a great atmosphere, whether meeting friends or just enjoying a relaxing drink at the end of the day. I hope you were also able to try Pinzimini, our Italian style restaurant, which is a favorite among our guests and locals.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Gaslamp Quarter soon!

Kind regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'd like to almost gush about Marina Serhan. What a great lady. She was so patient with my Australian friends and all their questions. And she personally took me along to the nearby Optometrist to see if he could do something about an eye problem I had developed. (By the time I got home, I was much better, thank you Marina.) Also Julianne...who got me a boarding pass on my flight home on Southwest. We all know what a low boarding number means there. All the staff were welcoming and smiling. Having been in the service industry for nearly 4 decades, the magic of a smile is well known to me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Margo W

It was terrific to read that you not only enjoyed your stay at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter but that you took the time to “almost gush” about Marina Serhan and Julianne Pion for their assistance. I can’t tell you how pleased I was to read your review. Our concierge team is truly amazing. And being in the service industry for nearly 40 years, as you have been, certainly gives you an eye for excellence! I am so happy that your experience here at the hotel was a memorable one. I hope the next time you visit San Diego that we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Be well,
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a great hotel with good service. The only drawbacks are they do not have pop machines on the property only thru (expensive) room service. They also charge you $36 dollars a day for parking, but you can go in and out as you like.

Room Tip: Bring your own beverages and park somewhere cheaper.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review John P.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your experience and our services. Our hotel does not offer vending machines on the guest floors, however, our location is conveniently located very close to a grocery store and several convenience stores. Based on our guest feedback, they preferred to have the empty refrigerator and the option to bring or purchase their own items versus a stocked minibar that didn't quite cool like a refrigerator. We do offer refreshment center on demand through In Room Dining and it is tailored to your personal preferences.

Thank you again for your review and feedback - we truly appreciate you choosing the Westin Gaslamp Quarter as your home away from home.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel was amazing. The heavenly beds were great! A special thanks to Paul the bellman. He treated me like royalty and always made sure I was we'll taking care of. Thanks Paul for making this trip worry free. He even went above and beyond and carried a package to the post office for me. Thanks again Paul you were awesome!

• Stayed April 2013
Rmwake -

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share you comments with Paul and his team. I am delighted to read he left a lasting impression with you and was able to ensure your entire experience was awesome.

Kind Regards,
Honolulu
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The week at the Westin Gaslamp was a truly wonderful experience. Gabe, front desk who checked in was caring and very helpful. He was also the person who we checked out with and he was courteous and helpful in getting our car and made sure that everything was in order for checking out. The rooms were excellent! The restaurant and lounge were exceptional. The location is deal to shopping restaurants, and transportation. We ate there four times enjoying the food and service from Kimberly. Our conference was at the hotel and things went very smoothly from the sessions, posters, to receptions. I have not been to the hotel in years so was pleasantly surprised with the remodeling and service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in San Diego.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael O -

Thank you for your recent review and for taking the time to personally recognize Gabe and Kimberly. I am happy to hear they left you with such a great impression. I am pleased to read you enjoyed Pinzimini Restaurant and Bar. We have been open almost a year now and the new design, food options, location of the bar and energy continues to get great reviews from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Diego.

Be Well,