“Another Great Westin Property !”

The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Ranked #39 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed at several Westin hotels across the U.S. and I have consistently found these properties to be modern, clean and very comfortable. The staff at this property were very friendly, the room was in perfect condition and as usual the bedding/bed was amazing. I would argue that Westin has some of the most comfortable beds in the industry and ALL hotel chains should aspire to their standard! The only issue I found with this property was the speed of the Internet connection if you purchase the "High Speed Lite" version (which is the least expensive option). The speed (based on www.speedtest.net) for downloads was just shy of .58 mbps (folks this is not much better than dial up) so if you need faster connections for business applications, then this won't work for you. Other than this, the property is in very good condition and well worth the price paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Calguysactown -

I would have to agree - the Westin Heavenly Bed is amazing and the best in our industry. The bed and all its components can be purchased exclusively at Nordstrom’s, Pottery Barn and westin-hotelsathome.com. Enjoy the comforts of a Westin hotel in your own home.

We hope you will continue to choose Westin's when traveling and the Westin Gaslamp Quarter, in San Diego.

Remain Well,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here about 9 years ago and thought it was a nice spot, then visited again last week and was impressed again. Although my memory is a bit fuzzy, I think they've updated quite a bit there. As with all Starwoods I've been to, the staff were all professional, the room was clean, the whole place was clean and pleasant.... I have no complaints and had a nice stay. Typical Internet and expensive parking etc but that seems pretty normal at hotels with valet like this. Thanks for another great stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

great rooms with very clean bedding and bathrooms. the shower is awesome and the complementary coffee is decent.
would give 5 stars if there was a swimming pool available year round.
the location is just perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Kaitirawi -

Thank you for your review and rating. It is unfortunate our pool is currently not heated due to the replacement of a boiler unit. We are hoping to have this fixed and back up and running by Memorial Day. We appreciate your patience and I hope you were offered one of our nearby sister properties facilities, as we support one another when something like this occurs.

We will look forward to a return trip and I am confident we can live up to your 5 star expectations.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin hotel twice and both stays were fantastic. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. I look forward to my next trip and stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

A few of us were visiting from Canada over the Easter weekend. Everything was perfect. I would like to especially thank Genene, our server in the restaurant. We looked forward to seeing her every morning at breakfast. She helped us with everything from what beach to go to down to where to go shopping. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for Genene in the restaurant. You won't regret it!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

JojoGabo -

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your entire experience. Janine is a true asset to our team and I am not surprised to hear she left you with a memorable experience full of personal touches.

Thank you for the feedback and I will be sure to share your review with Janine, her team and the rest of the hotel.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I spent one night here recently and was quite pleased with the hotel. Check-in was easy, room clean and comfortable, quiet floor. Public spaces felt dated. My only complaint would be the excessive valet parking charge of $32.00 per day! Ouch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you Nileen T for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent experience at the Westin Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego. We appreciate your feedback and value your business.
It is disappointing to hear you thought our public areas looked dated. We just completely renovated and transformed our property this past year. We have the new Westin modern design throughout our lobby, meeting space and guestrooms. The entire renovation took 18 months and cost $25 million.
I am glad to hear the service and location lived up to your expectations, leaving you feeling better about our property and we hope you will return the next time you are in San Diego.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Great location-walking distance to all the restaurants, clubs in the Gaslamp area Excellent staff- very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean & comfortable. Will definitely stay here again should I get the opportunity to visit San Diego. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple