The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
1,838 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet serviceper nightpetco parkhotel restaurantuss midwayseaport village
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Service at the Westin was great, I always love to stay at a Westin for the incredible "heavenly bed." I was there on business check in ran a little late and they made a mistake on the room by placing me in one that had not been made up...with a quick call downstairs they changed my room and placed me in an upgraded room. The front dest always was eager to help and very polite. We had lunch at Cafe 21, I would highly reccomend this restaurant great food with a modern urban appeal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Trip Advisor reviewers. It is unfortuante to read of your arrival experience to the hotel but I am pleased we were able to quickly fix the error and go the extra step to win back your faith in our efforts and service.
I trust the rest of your stay was comfortable and I hope you enjoyed the upgraded room.

I, too, personally enjoy Cafe 21. It is a great choice in the Gaslamp area, should you choose not to stay within the hotel and eat through in room dining or our new Pinzimini restaurant.

We look forward to your return visit and thank you again for your review.

Be Well,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very nice, well-run hotel with outstanding staff and great location. Hotel itself is nicely appointed, but not in the upper-most echelons of hotels. Westin Heavenly Bed always a treat. Food at conference banquets good, but not great. Really nice being so close to Gaslamp Quarter.

Room Tip: If you want any sort of view, probably at or above the 14th floor of the this 16 floor hotel. Otherwise you only see the sides of adjoining buildings.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Westin Gaslamp Quarter. I am pleased to read our staff provided you and the other attendees with your group outstanding service. Our location is truly one of the best in San Diego - walking distance to everything.

It is unfortunate you only found the banquet food to be good. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Chef as we appreciate the feedback and are always looking to better ourselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another conference or for a personal trip to just rest, relax and enjoy San Diego.

Remain Well,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This Hotel has exactly what one would expect from a Westin. The rooms are pleasant, the Staff obliging, and the location is excellent.
It does seem odd to look out of a window and see a Westfield sign, but that makes me smile.

The Concierge is friendly and very knowledgeable.

Only downside is that the Room Service Menu is a bit boring... But there are a million restaurants within a small radius.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The location is great. Right near Horton Plaza, the Gaslamp Quarter and the trolley tour stop. If you're ambitious you can even walk to Balboa Park in an hour.
All the staff at the hotel were nice. We didn't experience any problems. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Westin was the last hotel that I stayed in on my trip through California last month. It is in an ideal situation for a city break situated as it is near to all transport links, restaurants, bars, places to visit.
The hotel is beautifully decorated and looks as if it has probably been redecorated in the recent pass. Service throughout my stay was of a very high standard but the outstanding feature for me was the concierge service. Their advice about where to visit, how to get there etc could not have been better. When I returned each morning for further advice they checked out out how the previous day had gone before giving new advice. An asset to the hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
westingaslampSD, Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the hotel and our Concierge team. I am not surprised they left a memorable impression on you, as they are a fantastic team. We are delighted to have had you as our guest and we thank you for the kind words and review on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Kind Regards,