Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$181
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$262
$169
$662
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
$169
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$177
$159
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsputting greenpoint lomanew towerclose to the airportmain buildingshuffle boardpizza novaping pongshelter islandpool areaon site restaurantwould stay here againliberty stationshuttle servicenice stayview of the baynice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Our family stayed here for 3 nights - our last 3 nights in San Diego. We were relocating out of the country for my husband's next assignment. Definitely a welcome comfort after weeks of packing and moving.

The 5 of us stayed in a Suite. It was great! Very large living room with a Queen sofa bed and bedroom with 2 Queen beds. There was an LG HDTV the living and bedroom. Very spacious, it could fit all our stuff - about 10 luggages! Beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping was a little slow probably because only 1 staff took care of the whole section. Airconditioning was a little loud but the comfortable room more than made up for it.

Our package included breakfast at their restaurant which was ordered from the menu. Excellent food and fantastic portions! The place also wasn't over crowded. Kids ate free.

My husband had to complete a report so they gave him a private business lounge to work in for a whole day, complimentary. it was nice - couches, computer, printer, kashi energy bar and fruit was in the room.

Free parking, free wifi, free 2hr bicycle rental and complimentary airport shuttle to San Diego airport. It is also facing the marina - you can ride/walk to shelter island on a nice day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank soj0urner
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Bayside many times over the past five years and have never been disappointed. The rooms are a good size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful. They really seem to go out of their way to make sure your stay exceeds expectations. For my work, the location of the hotel is ideal, being centrally located between Point Loma and downtown San Diego, as well as a short drive to Old Town. The breakfast at the hotel restaurant is outstanding--some of the best omelets, pancakes, and waffles I have ever had...anywhere. The grounds are very well kept and have a nice tropical feel, especially by the pool and pool-side bar. The bar is very nice and the complimentary drinks are a welcome touch when returning to the hotel from a long day at work. Thank you for a great stay! We will definitely be back to the Holiday Inn Bayside on our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank HT500
cpoissot, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Dear Past Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice compliments on our hotel. We appreciate your continued patronage! Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2010

This hotel has a very good location across the street from marina with a shoreline walkway pleasant for evening walks (several hundred meters in each direction).

The hotel is surrounded by many large and small palm trees which creates a resort-like appearance.

There are two buildings. Room on the two-story arm face onto a garden area. Rooms in the four-story "tower" have a nice view of palm trees and the marina boats across the street.

Rooms are good sized, with typical Holiday Inn bland decorations and standard amenities. My room in the tower was very quiet although the hotel is near San Diego airport.

The hotel has a coffee shop which serves good food for all meals and has friendly service.

Service in the hotel is generally helpful but occasionally uneven. I had some laundry lost for a day (they helped find it); my room was sometimes cleaned after 4 PM; the hallway had a funny smell which eventually went away.

I would still recommend this hotel especially for a business stay due to the location, restful atmosphere, and pleasant coffee shop service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel back in June. I was disappointed as I had received a room that was extremely dated. The bedding, drapes, wall covering were really tired looking. The bath rooms was really tired looking as well. :( I was not happy.....I did not get the room you see in the pictures on the hotels' website. The fridge was a 10 year fridge that made an annoying noise. The central AC was load and the vent was so dirty I didn't want to use it as my wife has respiratory issues. The TV however was a new LCD! Parking at this hotel is a nightmare if you go when it is busy. My overall experience in this room was not good, I felt like they sold me a nice room online but put me in an non-renovated room, not cool when I talked three other of my family members to stay there as well. I was a bit embarrassed as I always stay at IHG hotels and never experience this. Make sure you request a newly remodeled room and not a old room. I wore my tennis shoe all the time in the room as my feel felt like they were going to get dirty from the carpet and tile. I will be uploading pics in the next few days to share my experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn two nights in march and was given the front suite in the new building. A decent suite, with good views (depending on the floor), definitely in line with
the expectations of a traveler with mid-range demands: solid but not fancy. However, the hotel has numerous buildings and some of them are of motel type with external entrance. So the gap between a suite like mine and the low end motel rooms make a stay here tricky: you must know what you are going to get. Breakfast is cooked to order and is as good as breakfast at an HI: tasty. Service is at the low end, but this is just a Holiday Inn, not an Intercontinental.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple