Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Dolphin Motel(San Diego)
View Hotel
Hotel Aqua Mar(San Diego)
  • Pool
Hotel Point Loma(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsputting greenpoint lomanew towerclose to the airportmain buildingshuffle boardpizza novaping pongshelter islandpool areaon site restaurantwould stay here againliberty stationshuttle servicenice stayview of the baynice pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

First I will say that this is a very nicely recently remodeled and addition added location. The new side is very nice and the rooms are great. The location is excellent if you are flying out of the airport and/or planning to visit the down town area. Staff is friendly and the on site restrurant is very good. All in all is a nice location, however.

Money grab is the name of the game. Room rates seem to be in line with most of the area. There are some cheaper hotel rooms in the area that are on the same level of quality as HI, This location as recently added a $10 parking fee to their service, which in my opinion makes it over priced for location. I normally check in and visit my room and relax until dinner, then take my rental back to turnin and catch the shuttle over. Paying $10 bucks for parking for a few hours is rediculous. My next visit will I will be checking out another location I think. If you do use this location...suggest you park on the streetside if a spot is open. Its free!

Room Tip: ask for a corner room if available
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear derrick b: Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us do a better job of making sure we provide the best customer service possible. I was please to see that you enjoyed your visit and were impressed with our friendly staff. I was, however, disappointed to learn about the parking difficulties you experienced. Our normal procedure is to ask if the guests will be parking overnight and if not, like in your case return your rental car, we inform guests to come back to the front desk and give us back the parking permit and we will take out the parking charge. I did refund your $10 for parking as you should not have been charged. I sincerely apologized if it was not expalined to you at check in. I will pass the information to all our staff during our next meeting to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for your words of praise as well as sharing your experience with us. We would like to welcome you back during a future visit to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here at the Bayside for 4 nights 3/20-3/24. We booked a room in the newest building, I think they were called Executive rooms. This building had just opened in 2013, so needless to say it still had that nice new construction smell! It was nice to have a clean room and large enough for our family of 4! The onsite restaurant was nice b/c kids eat free! The pool was nice, as was the putting green area! Just felt like a nice place to relax! We would stay here again if we ever find our way back to San Diego!

Room Tip: If you want to upgrade, stay in the newest building! Very clean! Large rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at the HI-Bayside for three nights. Our boys, 9 and 13, loved the on-site amenities. They spent many hours playing shuffleboard, live grass putt-putt, and ping pong. It was a little chilly for the pool, but they checked it out as well. The grounds are beautifully manicured and spotless. We opted for the kids' suite "Zoo Room," but ended up switching rooms due to the noise of the ice machines and banging housekeeping door. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I liked the proximity to San Diego sites, and we had a great view of the harbor...not a bad way to wake up! If we are ever lucky enough to find ourselves in SD again we will stay at the HI-Bayside.

Room Tip: Try to steer clear of the ice machines and elevators. The pool side rooms seemed nice, especially if you have kids.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I travel last minute to San Diego a lot for work and the Holiday Inn Bayside always accommodates me very well (even not being IHG platinum). First and foremost this hotel is always easy on the expense report. While most other hotels in the SD area change their rates depending on the season, H I Bayside is always consistent. Best winter deal in town. Restaurants on the bay are across the street. The rooms are very recently updated and the other amenities look awesome as well (unfortunately don't get to use them as much as I'd like with work). The staff is always friendly and will work to get you the best room available. The property is also minutes from downtown (Gaslamp and Embarcadero) and even closer to little Italy. Great location and great service!

Also, whenever checking in, even if he isn't helping me, Keith always remembers me and says hi. It's those little things that make life on the road more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Rooms in the older buildings are updated just as nice as the new building (as of last stay, they're just finishing the renovations), but parking is much easier and closer on the west side of the older buildings. Also, more elevators in the older buildings. Only one set of elevators I know of in the new building. Also, corner suites have room wide floor to ceiling windows over looking the bay in the old buildings.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I was visiting a client on Point Loma and the hotel was very convenient. My husband arrived a day later while I was at work and did not receive good instructions on how to find our room (his name was on the reservation and they did give him a key). Our room had doors on both sides for adjoining rooms. We could hear voices in the other rooms on either side but at least the neighbors were not too noisy and did not stay up late. We were in the "tower" section and I had trouble finding the business center in my building. When I did find it, the computers were restricted as to what you could do so I had to change my strategy to get printouts of work items. It seemed like anyone could walk into the building off the street which I am not used to in hotels that I stay in. However, I did not see anything that made me feel insecure. The Point Loma Cafe was very good for breakfast. I also recommend Point Loma Seafood and Pizza Nova for lunch or dinner. There are other good restaurants in the area. We used to live in SD and always appreciated the good restaurants there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robin N
Rhinna M, Manager at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Robin N: Thank you so much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you might have experience during your stay of not being able to get the print outs you needed for your work and also trouble in finding our business center. We are currently renovating and that will include the upgrade of our business center. I also want to apologize that your husband was not given a good instruction on how to get to your room. I do understand that our property is a little spread out and people find it confusing at times even with a good direction so I can only imagine your husband's frustration. I hope that you will consider us again when planning a trip to San Diego. Sincerely, Rhinna B Meyer - Rooms Division Manager