“Great Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside
Ranked #115 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We spent 5 nights and it was very comfortable! Everyone was prompt and very courteous. Rooms were clean. Location was perfect so many things to do in a 10 mile radius. The tavern across the street was very good. If we are ever to travel to San Diego this would be the place stay. Thanks for the great time!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jmiller66

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our first ever visit to san diego, this hotel was in the heart of the San Diego. Our room was nice and clean, great service by the front desk staff. We look foward to going to san diego pretty soon this coming year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Holiday Inn Bayside is very conveniently located to the airport. I arrived a little early to check in, and the fellow at the desk suggested some fun and/or delicious things to do nearby, which I did. He was right, he sent me to the Ocean Beach area, which is exactly the kind of weirdo California farmer's market vintage clothing vinyl LP bike shop tattoo parlor area I wanted to visit while in town.

The accommodations are quite nice, and the staff are very helpful. I was surprised to find that no microwave was present, but there was a fridge. When I went to the front desk to ask about a microwave, they offered (at no charge) to lend me a microwave for the duration of my stay, and even brought it to my room for me. It didn't work, but I didn't really need it more than once and they were certainly quick to offer me a replacement.

Great scenery around the hotel, though I didn't use the pool it looked nice. The TV was a good one and the wifi reception was just what I'd expect. I would have liked to see a microwave in the room rather than having to hunt one down. Hotels that charge half this much seem to be able to provide them. Even so, one was available, and that was the only gripe I had with my stay here. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bzkarasek
cpoissot, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for your very nice review! I'm glad you enjoyed our location close to Ocean Beach and the friendliness and assistance of our staff. I do want to let you know that we have 57 new rooms coming on board this summer and they will all have microwaves. I hope you are able to return to San Diego for a longer visit and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located across the street from the harbor and close to the airport. There is a restaurant on-site that is open til 8pm that serves decent food. Rooms were up to date with large flat screen TV. Found everything to be clean and comfortable. Beds are firm with nice bedding. Loved the fact that our room had a small fridge and coffee maker. They are in the process of adding additional rooms so there is some contruction going on but it doesn't really effect anything since the new construction is on the far corner of the property. Next time I'm in the area I would stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DADuv2
cpoissot, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thanks for staying with us! I'm glad you had a good experience at the Holiday Inn Bayside and found our location and amenities to be a plus! Please come back and stay with us again whenever in San Diego.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place... I took my girlfriend down to San Diego and this was the hotel we chose, Holiday Inn is a great brand and it was in a good area, so why not? Wrong. First, there were no single beds available and the whole top floor was under constriction, which certainly is not anybody's fault, its just an inconvenience, so we asked to be moved away from it and the girl graciously moved us to the other building which is where things got out of hand. I laid down on the bed and my girlfriend points out that there was a short curly black hair on the pillow next to my head... gross right? but I'm a patient man so I just moved to the other bed, but as I get in I see yet another hair... not okay... so I go downstairs and request different sheets and so while we were out they were changed only for us to come back and find ANOTHER HAIR in the bed! Unbelievable! But it was 1:30 in the morning and neither of us were in the mood to leave so we asked to get a different room... and surprise surprise! Another hair.... now, once, I can understand. Twice is pushing it... but four times?!?! You people are lucky that I want this to be shown, otherwise there would be a stream of profanities being typed right now...I'm that livid. WHen I demanded a refund the very rude night girl told me that I was getting charged for the night because it was so late. So I have spent the last three days trying to get my money back, and only getting brushed asside. I have been to countless hotels throughout my life and I have NEVER seen one THIS bad... not even shady middle of nowhere motels are this bad.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddy S
cpoissot, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are sorry to hear your stay with us was less than pleasant. Your complaints have been reviewed and addressed by all necessary departments. I'm sorry you were unable to get a single King bed during your stay, but unfortunately, the room rate category that you booked does not guarantee bed type. I hope that your next stay with any IHG property is a pleasant one.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is a very good one if you are flying in and taking a cruise he next day. It is convenient, clean, good shuttle service, an easy morning walk to Shelter Island, and all around a pleasant experience.
The restaurant is open late for dinner and the food beats airport food by a long shot. I would choose this hotel again if I fly to San Diego.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
cpoissot, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn San Diego-Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I'm glad you found our location and services so convenient for your needs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you back again at the Holiday Inn Bayside.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights.
hotel is clean and comfortable
we used the hot tub was wonderful after a long day of sightseeing.
we chose a room on the 5th floor,clean and updated.
we ate breakfast each morning in the restaurant,we had a coupon for discount ,the meal was very good.staff kind and helpful.
we took the trolley tour right outside the hotel,and the hotel shuttle to the pier and air port.,we didn't have a car so we walked a lot.there is a holiday in next to cruise port and pier would have suited us better.

Room Tip: we chose a 4th or 5th floor room was great