We recently stayed at the RB Inn while visiting family in Poway for Thanksgiving. My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing weekend while the kids stayed at grandma's house. Unfortunately we were sorely disappointed and left feeling ripped off. We checked in and headed to our room. When we opened the door I stepped into the room to turn on the lights only to find my shoe and the bottom of my pants completely soaked from a pool of water that had run from the bathroom into the entry way of the room due to a leaking toilet. We headed to the front desk to change rooms where they told us that they only had a room with 2 queen beds left...we had reserved a king. Eventually they found one for us, but it clearly wasn't ready for guests. When we arrived we were short towels, the toilet paper was almost gone and there was no replacement roll, there was no bathmat when we got out of the shower, there was no kleenex, no trash can, there was a dead rat outside the room with crows stopping by for a snack, ants in the bathroom and the cleanliness of the bathroom counter left something to be desired. These problems persisted even after housekeeping visited the following morning.
They recently remodeled the hotel. The rooms have some nice built in cabinetry now, but the walls and floors were very dirty and needed some attention. When they replaced the carpet the didn't bother to take off the baseboards, so the carpet stopped about 1/4 inch from the wall/ basebaords and was all shredded and coming up on the edges. It was also stained and dirty.
We went to the fitness center to workout and the short comings continued. There were no towels or clean headsets to use.
We had booked a friends and family rate that was advertised in a mailer we had received. One of the ammenities was that the in room mini bar was included in our rate. It would have been a great deal if the bar had ever been stocked. Finally, when we went to check out, they had added a $40 restauarant charge for a meal that was not ours to our bill.
By the time all was said and done, (charging for self parking in surface lots that are empty, passing along San Diego Marketing fees to the traveler, resort fees for things services that we don't use) our two night stay cost us about $400. We left feeling very ripped off and disappointed in the quality of our stay. We have stayed at many Perferred Resorts and are usually happy with the hotel. This was a disappointment. When we shared our experience with the front desk we were told "thanks for your feedback." Not quite the service I would expect.
The grounds are beautiful and they could make this a great resort, it's too bad it has fallen short of it's potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego