Stayed at RBI over July 4th weekend for a wedding that was held there. It's a nice resort and the grounds are beautiful, but to me, nothing was overwhelmingly impressive.
The AC unit in our room was awful – it blew out damp, humid air and even turning it down to the low 60s didn’t seem to cool things. We heard the same from several other guests, too, one of whom had to switch rooms altogether in order to have properly-functioning AC.
The room itself was fine - generally comfortable but as far as decor, it was slightly dated. The bed in our room was positioned at an angle which made the room feel smaller than it probably was. Our room had a patio, but unfortunately we never used it because there was a heavily-trafficked path in front of it so there wasn't much privacy.
Free wi-fi is available--a big plus in my book. And I loved the Aveda toiletries in the bathroom, which was kept well-stocked!
Room service was tasty and reasonably priced, as were poolside drinks. Don't attempt to bring your own drinks into the pool area, though. We saw someone try to but they're big sticklers about that (understandably so).
The staff was very friendly, and did an excellent job in terms of the wedding, cocktail hour and reception. It was really well-orchestrated and the meal was great.
One other thing to note - the resort isn't in San Diego proper. It's about 30 min. or so north. The hotel doesn't offer a shuttle to/from the airport, but they did recommend Cloud 9 Super Shuttle. Had I known it would take me 1.5 hours to get to the resort via the shuttle, I would've just sucked it up and paid the $75 for a cab.
I wouldn't be opposed to staying here again, but it also wouldn't be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego