“Enjoyable”

Ranked #28 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Lancaster, California
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family was so happy , my kids were amazed and loved it ... the KIDS RULE package was so worth it .. families have to purchase ... the rooms were lovely and service was good . The walk around the resort and golf course was great. i got to say this was an experience was something that i came back talking about to my co - workers and family about and realy recommand it ..

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just left this resort and what we found was exceptional - from customer service to grounds we loved being here. I had mentioned this was our anniversary and when we returned from lunch we found a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries. They have two "no children" pools and one with children's amenities. We played golf, had massages and ate on the veranda. A great weekend and highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We felt like we wore in paradise awayfrom everything. We will defenetley come back evertime we visit San Diego zoo legoland sea world ...we loved it defenetly will recomed to my frieds & family we have stayed at the other big chain hotels befor but it doesn't feel family friendly like here thank you for all your acomodations

• Stayed June 2014
JCResortsMarketing, Guest Relations Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review Dann! We're so glad to hear your family enjoyed your stay with us (as well as the attractions San Diego has to offer). Hope to see you again soon!
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I were taking a holiday getaway and decided to stay at Rancho Bernardo Inn. The property was perfect, away from the hustle and bussle of the city but close enough to the beach. Little did I know that he was going to propose that weekend! We had breakfast the next morning with a beautiful view of the greens. The stay at Rancho Bernardo will always have a special place in my heart, I will never forget it since we got engaged there! Hopefully, we can go back one day!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor, you won't hear any foot traffic!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at Rancho Bernardo Inn and had a great stay! I was there for less then 24 hours for a dinner meeting. We ate at Avant and the food was fantastic. My room was very nice as it overlooked the golf course. We had breakfast in Veranda and again, the food was fantastic. The resort also has a nice fitness center, which means a lot to me as I travel quite a bit and utilize any properties fitness center. A great place to stay when in the San Diego area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Chico, California
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were here for a conference and was very happy with the hotel. It is not your usual high-rise resort, kind of relaxing being a blast from the past. Yet the rooms are clean and comfortable and felt private. This was a great place for a conference and a happy, comfortable place to relax for a couple of days after business was over.

Room Tip: We had a garden view with a balcony and it was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tucson
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I have been on long term business travel and have been in San Diego for over 5 months now, bouncing between hotels every couple weeks. Typically I have been building up my Hilton and Marriott points and they are now both platinum so I thought I would try something off the "hotel grid". I was very happy I stayed at the RB Inn. I was upgraded to a golf course view room which a very nice change from the big hotel chains I have spent the last 5 months in. The room had vaulted ceilings, a soaking tub, separate shower, and my personal favorite, a deck with table and chairs to catch the sunset after a long day at work. They even had current magazines that I subscribe to, but haven't been able to read since I've been away from home (Wine Spectator and others)...nice touch. The room also had nice linens and a "K" cup coffee maker. After coming back from work housekeeping always had finished my room, often at the chain hotels I would come back to find a room that was not serviced.

The hotel grounds are beautiful, mature trees, well kept golf course, and lots of gardens and trails to meander through.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious, quick, and MUCH better than any chain hotel. The restaurant staff was always friendly and efficient. The hotel also provided some complimentary drink vouchers that allowed me to try out the different bars on site, each with a different style.

It's pretty hard to find a fault in this hotel, I tried, and the only thing I can think of that is so far down the list as a "complaint" would be the parking. There were a few days during my 9 day stay that there were weddings that filled the main parking lot so I had to park in the back parking lot, but it does allow you to take a nice walk through their gardens.

Hats off to the staff at Rancho Bernardo Inn. You made my business trip more like a vacation...shhhh, don't tell my boss!

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the "Greens" building, they all overlook the golf course, and top flo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
The US Grant
#46 of 279 in San Diego
La Valencia Hotel
#5 of 24 in La Jolla

Been to Rancho Bernardo Inn? Share your experiences!