I have purposely waited a couple of weeks to write this review. I wanted to let the time pass from one incident toward the end of my stay so that I could be a little clearer in my judgment. So here goes… We stayed at the Rancho Bernardo inn a couple of weeks ago as part of a youth sports tournament in the area. Our team booked several rooms and I myself had 2. I had long heard about how nice the property was so my wife and I were anxious to see if it lived up to its reputation. The property was really nice. Adjacent to a golf course it felt much bigger than it was. The grounds were great and several paths for walking. There was also an outdoor fireplace area. The rooms themselves were very nice and comfortable. They had nice balcony’s overlooking courtyards and the pool. There was a nice little coffee shop where you could get food and beverages. What really soured me on the place was when I asked for a late check out for one of our rooms (the kids had a late game). I was told that the hotel was booked solid and that they needed to clean the room. They then said however, if I wanted to pay ½ a nights stay I could keep the room until 5pm. I questioned the front desk clerk as that would mean the hotel was not really booked but rather looking to nickel and dime me. The girl just said “I am sorry” ( I passed on the offer and we went to a double feature instead.). As you can see I stay at a lot of hotels and I can honestly say I have never had a late check-out flatly denied (usually they will give you an hour at least). So please note when I rate the service at this hotel a “1” it is reflective of the management not the hotel staff. The property is truly a very tranquil and very nice but I would find it very hard to book there again after being that experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Prestigia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego