“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #29 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Cork
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a very relaxing resort with helpful staff. It is an is oasis of tranquility in San Diego.
The accommodation is laid out in small blocks surrounding pools and the golf course.
One can spend pleasant evenings on the veranda which is heated at night or have lunch watching the golf. Overall it is highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Korean first
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here recently on business, my company held a National Convention here. I wish I'd had time to enjoy the golf course and spa, but business is business. The hotel is a little far from SD, which was only a problem for after-hours outings. 45 mins each way is a little long, but if you're there to swim and golf, then that is a non-issue. The bars and restaurants were nice but naturally busy. As for my room, it was spacious and comfortable... the sheets on the bed were like sleeping on clouds! The interior lighting was very cool, the lighting under and behind the bed was a nice touch.. wifi worked great and the view from my patio was excellent (greens Bldg) as well. My only complaint is that I was consistently provided with 2 conditioners and no shampoo... annoying as I had not brought any of my own, but it was so minor I didn't bother to bring it to anyone's attention.

The hotel and facilities were quite nice and if I had time and warmer weather, I'd be more than happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: You'll pay a little more, but the Greens building is away from the noise of the pools etc and th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RBINN, General Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Recent Guest, we appreciate your generous comments on the RBInn and hope that you can return for a longer stay to enjoy our amenities. We take pride in being a unique resort away from the downtown congestion, where you can relax.

We look forward to your return!

John Gates
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My favorite part of the Rancho Bernardo Inn is its beautiful architecture and wonderful landscaping. The different buildings have separate pools. The spa is nice, while good golf and great food - multiple restaurants and bars - add to the lovely surroundings.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was at the hotel for a business trip so I didn't get to golf or enjoy the spa, but the grounds were lovely. My room was at the other end of the property from my conference and that was a challenging walk in heels. Lots of steep golf paths. The room was nice, with high ceilings and exposed beams. I was not a fan of the exterior entrance though. There was a large walk in shower, but no soap dishes or shelves so I had to lay my toiletries on the floor of the shower which was gross to me. Room service and housekeeping were both very pleasant and efficient, as was the front desk and bell staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. It's very peaceful and relaxing. Lovely Spa, gym and even an adult only pool. Our stays have been mid week so I don't know how it is with several events going on. Although, the way the property is designed the event spaces are separated and tucked away. Lots of mature trees and other greenery give a lush feeling. We're usually ones who like to go out and discover the local restaurants in the area. Having done so on previous visits ( we used the car service which was nice ) we are content to dine at the hotel. The options are many from small plates at the bar to romantic dining. Sit by the outdoor fire places. It's a great place to unwind. We don't play golf but looks like it is a good place to do so. Check out the many fountains around the grounds.

• Stayed January 2014
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We booked a spa and golf package for four nights and were very satisfied. The room overlooked mature trees, the staff was very friendly, the spa treatments were first class, and the golf course very "user-friendly."

Room Tip: Every building has a different character and feeling. Some are newer than others. We got a mature...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We often stayed at this resort with a golf package when visiting relatives nearby and usually have a comfortable visit. The rooms are old-fashioned but well equipped and spacious and the breakfast in the terrace is a must. The golf package is a bargain since it includes two days of golf for a single-night stay. Our last stay on X-mas eve and day was magical since the resort was beautifully decorated with a doll-house size ginger bread house and many x-mas trees. On X-mas eve, wine, beer, and soft drinks were provided free at the lobby with caroling by a local trio in costumes. All the more surprising since the free drinks were provided for several hours . Even better, they had a bargain rate for the stay during that time. If we were in town again, we will certainly consider staying for X-mas eve. The only complaint we had was that there was water running at the back wall of our room all day long- perhaps there was a fountain back there but we didn't take the time to investigate.

Room Tip: A room at the upper floor. Avoid room facing the parking lot especially at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family