Rancho Bernardo Inn
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
2,159 results
All reviewsveranda restaurantspa poolavant restaurantfamily poolspa servicesbeautiful resortbusiness conferencethe san diego areaself parkingfire pitfitness centerrbipropertyarlenesalineweddingcabana
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The grounds are lovely and staff helpful and friendly. The Concierge even located a local pub that was a hangout for the San Diego branch of our college ex-students association, where we could watch a televised football game. The patio of our comfortable room opened directly onto the grass of the golf course. Our room was private and quiet with a great view. I recommend rooms in the Greens (700's) for the best golf course views. Other buildings have great courtyards. Some are adults-only, others welcome families. The property has three pools and three hot tubs. There are three restaurants; the casual Veranda with excellent outdoor patio dining and the innovative Avant upstairs. There is a third café we never tried. Outdoor fireplaces are everywhere and the Veranda also has many outdoor propane heaters making it comfortable to enjoy a drink and live music any evening of the year. There is plenty of trouble-free parking and the location is a reasonable driving distance from beautiful Del Mar beaches, great La Jolla shopping and Torrey Pines hiking. The resort has a nice conference facility and are very accommodating for parties, weddings and special events.

Room Tip: The Greens building has the best golf course views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

From the moment I parked the car everything was amazing. I enjoyed the hot tub and dry sauna in the Ladies' locker room and then headed out to my massage. After a very relaxing massage it was on to lunch poolside - gourmet grilled cheese and potato soup since it was a little on the chilly side outside. Then I checked into my hotel room - excellent customer service at the front desk. My room was amazing. It overlooked the spa grounds and included a large bathtub and shower including Aveda products. The room is extremely large and offers other amenties such as a lounging area and a patio with chairs and table. I even received a surprise of room service for my birthday. That night I had a glass of wine and dessert at the bar and again the service was excellent. Not enough good things to say about Rancho Bernardo Inn. I will return there for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the spa grounds or golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really enjoyed the experience at the resort. The room I had was very nice as it overlooked the golf course -- nice individual sitting area outside of each room. I think the room must have been newly renovated and I noticed an area on another floor closed off with workmen/tools outside. Very comfortable and spacious. The facility is actually several buildings, but I understand from some of the other conference members that their rooms were just as nice.

The conference area was nicer than most, however, they seriously need to fix their temperature controls - we froze no matter how many times we asked for a warmer temperature. I had the opportunity to golf -- rented clubs,etc which I thought was reasonably priced. The golf course was nice and in OK condition - the course could stand a bit of work.

Finally, one of the highlights of the trip was the dinner setting -- we did not have conference dinners but rather groups of us ate at their outside facility. The food was good but it was really nice to eat outside on cool nights with fireplaces and gas heaters more than offsetting the nippy air. Great service topped it off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building that overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BobbyGolfs
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Didn't know how delightful and pleasant this visit was until after the second night. Our room was overlooking a fine golf course and was very spacious with nice amenities, bathrobes, whirlpool, & special mirrors. The fitness center was larger than most and spa treatment area top notch. Inside the Inn was a fine restaurant, outdoor eatery, and an inside café. The grounds were professionally maintained with the location offering valet or self parking. An excellent choice to stay that was suggested by a relative.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course were exceptional
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jgemza
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were meant to stay elsewhere when a family member suggested we stay here. What a sweet treat after driving across county for two weeks. Husband played golf while wife enjoyed the Grounds and Spa. Our room was upgraded w/out asking and we had a balcony room overlooking the course. Food was lovely; service impeccable. We spent a refreshing two nights here and will return as well as brag about the place. The only negative was that the mani/pedi treatments - were underwhelming for the price. Wife had been to many spas where these treatments (for the $$$$ price) were much more involved. It is suggested that they look into giving more for the value.

Room Tip: There are many room and suite options. THE GREENS unit overlooks the gorgeous course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family