The hotel consists of a main building with the restaurants and lobby and numerous separate buildings that contain the guest rooms. I stayed in the Valencia building on the second floor. The main bed area was very nice with stylish bedding, a decent size flat screen TV and a small balcony that had two chairs and a small table. The one negative was that the bathroom was basic with bland colors and dated fixtures. As other guests have noted, there are no elevators, so I had a bellman bring my bags since I didn't want to lug them up the stairs. The room was very quiet and had a bit of a view with trees and a glimpse of hills in the distance. The property has many trees and shrubs around the buildings. I found the staff to be extremely nice and very helpful. For example, when I asked directions to a meeting room from a random staff member I saw on the path, she didn't merely point or instruct - but led me directly to where I needed to go. They have three pools, one is for spa guests only (the nicest one they show in all the pictures), one is a family pool and one is for adults. I used the adult pool which was adequate but clearly could use some updating and upgrading. There was a very small spa pool in the same area (also in need of renovation). The fitness center was near the spa which is a bit of a walk (downhill to and uphill on the return) from most of the rooms. It's a decent size with the usual machines which were pretty new and in good condition. They were out of clean towels at the gym, so I called and they brought more about 15 minutes after my call, but they really should check more often and replenish during the morning workout rush. I did eat one meal at Avant which was very good, one breakfast at Veranda and a buffet lunch and dinner (catered for our meeting) which were good. At the buffet, they had selection of desserts (all of which contained flour), so I asked if they had anything gluten free and they brought me some ice cream and strawberries which I appreciated. I was there on a business trip, so there was no time to use the spa and I don't golf - so I can't comment on those features. The hotel seems to be popular for business meetings and there were several going on when I was there. Overall, not five star, but a nice hotel - I would give the resort an excellent rating if it wasn't for some of the dated features.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Diego, Rancho Bernardo Inn offers business and leisure guests an experience that is both peaceful and rejuvenating. A member of the distinguished Preferred Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Rancho Bernardo Inn is a destination resort known for its exquisite golf, spa facilities, and exceptional cuisine. A true destination for the entire family, the 265-acre property features 287 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, three swimming pools, an award-winning full-service spa and fitness center, multiple dining outlets, room service or in-room dining, and extensive meeting and event facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Rancho Bernardo Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Bernardo Hotel San Diego
- Rancho Bernardo San Diego