“Great and Cozy”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #23 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Came here for a weekend with my girlfriend. It was very relaxing and the restaurant was awesome. We had a king room and the bed was very comfortable. Although I did not golf, I wish I would have because the course looked epic. I guess Ill have to come back and try it again :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,070)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed 4/12-14 on a golf trip with a big group. Everything went smoothly, from checkin to check out. Nice rustic feel. Quiet. Played golf, hung out in the bar, ate at the restaurant. Had a nice group reception in one of the quads. Food was nice... split a rib eye and scallops with a friend. The grilled cheese was excellent in the bar, as well as the quesadilla. The golf course was really fun and challenging, and the service was top notch. Hope to come back next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My wife and I were able to stay here for 2 nights as part of a business retreat she was attending (I got to tag along!). We found this to be an awesome and truly enjoyable place. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The trees, plants, flowers and fountains which decorate the courtyards, grounds and terraces were incredibly well kept and beautiful. We also enjoyed a spa day and massage which we loved. We would recommend this place to anyone and cannot wait until we can go there again!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a wonderful palace in the hills of San Diego. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were very livable for my week long stay. The housekeeping staff did a very good job keeping up with my always-changing, on-site meeting schedule as to not disturb either an early morning....and the next late morning, and even a day of sleeping in. Great people, and the florists there even put together a special request for me for our meeting. I thought I might be disappointed by being next to the "family pool", but I was impressed by the privacy of the room. FABULOUS!! VERY highly recommended.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

There is a beautiful way to tour the grounds if you take the time. With fountains sprinkled throughout the ground you can read about these fountains and enjoy the sound of the falling water amidst the lush grounds. It is all very tranquil, restful and in harmony with the INN.
The room was well done. Our room was actually better than a room we had at Pebble Beach on our last trip. As far as customer service is concerned we were treated properly on every occasion. We are not high maintenance folks nor do we think the world should revolve around us because we are paying for a room. The rest of the property was well done and the golf course was fun to play. The stay was a great two days and worth a look by you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I chose to stay at RB Inn as I was going to be staying over a weekend for business. It was a great choice. Staff were so pleasant. I was staying in the Fountains building where the rooms were huge :-). However, it is around the back of the resort but at least you can park your car there. Not a building for anyone who has problems taking the stairs as there is no lift to the top floor, but not an issue for me. The food was great and plentiful. The servers, Seth and Christopher, come to mind as being extremely helpful. The Veranda Restaurant was fantastic with views over the golf course. I would definitely try to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have any difficulties in using stairs, ask not to be put in the Fountains Building.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Excellent hotel for a getaway. Did the golf stay and play. Veranda Cafe is outstanding. Brian Shank has an outstanding staff. The food is great! Ask for Leslie as your server in the evening. But you will not be disappointed with any of the staff at this restaurant. Course is a good test of golf although the rough is a little high for a resort course. Outside staff at the course are excellent and very helpful. Starters are great!

Room Tip: We chose the Valencia Suite for an upgrade and was well worth the cost from a normal room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple