“Comfort in A Serene Environment”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #31 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Beaverton, Oregon
“Comfort in A Serene Environment”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in RM 307--There was a nice fountain in front of the rear sliding door with a bistro table set. The room was clean, and okay --and the room was very quiet. I couldnt hear the people next door, which was a good sign. Had some Thai food from the restaurant onsite and it was pretty good. Booked room from hotels dot com, at $490.00 for two nights inclusive of taxes, which I thought was a bit high and did NOT include breakfast. This is a Preferred Hotels and Resorts property, so make sure you check with your credit card issuer for additional discounts, as I did not have time to do that.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed July 31, 2011

tips for this property: Hotel is 60's style low slung small buildings built on the golf course. The rooms are remodeled and well appointed. Lots included w/rate and resort fee of abt $20. Internet/valet etc. One really cool thing is they stock the fridge w/soda and beer and snacks and it's included. very nice. Told them I was there for anniversary and they left in my room while I was at dinner: two glass bottles of Evian, fruit and a bottle of champagne. Classy. Friendly servers/bellhops/front desk. Rooms overlooking golf course are better, have better bathrooms and beds but I've had both and been satisfied.

Room Tip: Rooms on golf course are best
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed there for 4 nights. Thought I would relax at the Spa but VERY over priced. I was more stressed when I came out because of the POOR service I received. I need my money back. VERY disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed there for 4 nights. Was looking forward to their spa service. Turned to be TOTAL waste of my money. I could have received better service for 1/3 rd of the money I paid them plus it would have lasted longer. Horrible! Wish I could get a full refund. But other than that it was ok.

• Stayed July 2011
San Marcos, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I went to the spa for the day. It was incredible. The saline pool was the perfect temperature, the cabanas were relaxing with full service food and bar. Ask for Heidi Dial for facials and waxes. She was the best!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great stay & play golf package with ridiculously low rates for top-notch golf course, spacious, tastefully appointed rooms and very service oriented staff. True resort with an old time/relaxed charm complete with lovely gardens, scenic outdoor eating area and fine dining in El Bizcocho. Everything is available on property with no reason to leave.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Laguna Hills, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Everything was absolutely wonderful, the staff was very friendly and went out of their way for us several times during our stay. The only thing that was a little less than pleasant was the food at the Veranda. Both my husband and I ordered the steak and it was not the best quality. Other than that our stay was very relaxing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
RBINN, General Manager at Rancho Bernardo Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear Guest, thank you for your 5-star review on our property. We love hearing that our guests had a most pleasant stay at our resort. I was concerned, however, to read that you were disappointed with your steak in our Veranda restaurant. Please contact our Director of Outlets, James Cassady at Jcassady@jcresorts.com or his direct line 858-675-8427 to discuss your experience so that we can restore your faith in the Veranda Restaurant.

Thank you again, we look forward to your return to the Inn.
John Gates