“The stay at the Inn was enjoyable and accommodating from moment of arrival to day of departure.”

Rancho Bernardo Inn
Ranked #23 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The Inn's location with its beautiful scenery provided a peaceful atmosphere which is what I liked most about my visit. Our room's location was so scenic as it overlooked the golf course. Seeing the rabbits/bunnies hopping around the grounds gave it a special touch since we were visiting Easter weekend:)
The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable with its soft bedding. Having a coffee pot, iron and hair dryer available was great and choice of shower and/or large tub. The lobby provide water and fresh fruit.
All staff was friendly (especially Hannah at the front desk) and accommodating. I had left an item in the room and it was mailed to me promptly.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Inn to all.

Room Tip: great view from room overseeing the golf course
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at the Rancho Bernardo for a couple of times during our US West coast trip, in the beginning and the end to be more precise. Both stays fullfilled and even overtopped our expectations by far.

The Inn's location is unique, calm and ideal for some relaxation. The Spa treatment is the best we have had during our trip and incomparable to those we get here at home in Europe :) . I liked the attention of the waiters, their punctuality and ofcourse the food was the greatest. On sunday we came back to enjoy sunday lunch or brunch as it was called. It was like 7 courses or something, very nice and extensive and above all delicious.

the pianoman was playing great songs too :D

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Great hotel for a spa day and dinner with friends. The grounds along make you feel refreshed. The spa treatment and the staff were great. Holly at the front desk made me feel so welcome and helped me find my way around the property. Dinner at El Bizcocho was amazing. James, the sommenlier was so personable and knowledgable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Went on a round trip USA and a friend recommended it. That friend earned some serious kudos, it was really great. This place is beautiful and the service is great. As an European, the American service is ten times better anyway, but even compared to the avarage American service this was great. The sunday brunch in the Veranda restaurant - I think it was called that way, but not sure anymore - was the best brunch I ever had, I wished I had 7 stomachs.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I booked a one-night stay through LivingSocial and the overall experience surpassed my expectations. The hotel was beautiful, with plenty of room to walk around and the staff were all very friendly and eager to find out how to make my experience the best possible. You absolutely get your money's worth here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

The Hotel was beautiful. It made you feel like you were in another country. The grounds were immaculate. It was like a very large hacienda. Be prapered to walk around as the grounds are expansive, but then you can take in the beauty. The rooms were quite nice and my view from my balcony overlooking the golf course was great. Surprising that it was in the middle of a neighborhood becaseu it did not feel that way. With that said, it is not close to a lot of the action in San Diego such as the zoo and other attractions, but you can drive there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2011

We went on business, my spouse and I, and we loved every moment. It's an old property tucked in a residential area outside San Diego. We asked for a very quiet room and got just that. The spa is world renowned and stood up to its reputation, if you are interested in a lovely peaceful place with lots of fountains, beautiful gardens and charm, this is it!!

Room Tip: Tell the front desk what you need!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business