“Great Lunch Value”
Review of Du-par's Restaurant and Bakery - CLOSED

Du-par's Restaurant and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: For more than seven decades, Du-par’s has been a part of the LA coffee shop tradition, serving millions their famous breakfasts and fresh fruit pies. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Other locations: Studio City, CAFarmers Market LA, CADowntown Las Vegas, NV
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Great Lunch Value”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Whenever we visit San Diego we always stop at DuPars for an excellent breakfast. My wife loves the turkey avocado benedict and I enjoy the country fried prime steak and eggs.washed down with the fresh orange juice.

This time we had lunch. My wife and I both chose the Trio Combo. You can have soup or salad, 1/2 a sandwich and PIE !
I had a cup of Yellow pea soup ,a Toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich with cole slaw a a very tall strawberry/lemon meringue pie! My wife had Clam chowder , Corned Beef sandwich ( very tender with lots of corned beef ) fruit and a piece of strawberry /lemon cream pie. Price was $12.95 each. A good value and a good excuse to sample the excellent pie that is baked fresh right in the restaurant.! Caroline the hostess was friendly and prompt. Becca was a great server and was very helpful. Kirk, the manager,makes sure that this San Diego restaurant is every bit as good as the LA Farmers Market location and the Studio City DuPars. Noticed a previous reviewer was from Las Vegas.DuPars also has a location in the Golden Gate Hotel on Fremont Street. That one is very good as well. They all bake their pies,muffins and cinnamon rolls right in the restaurant. Great Lunch ! Try the Trio and you get to select a piece of pie!

• Visited May 2013

Tempe, Arizona
“Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I ate here for a late breakfast, and were very satisfied. They have amazing breakfasts and pies. Our waiter, I believe his name was Juan, was very friendly, respectful and was on top of things. We will definitely be back.

Tacoma, WA
“WOW! Way beyond expectation”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Great pies, great meals. I watched their tv showing how each meal is prepared. I should eat pancakes but really wanted to. The 4 to 6 pm specials are a must. I would eat here all the time if I lived in San Diego.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Good choice for breakfast”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

In time gone by we used to go to Co-co's for breakfast and were a bit stuck for choices in the Sports Arena Blvd area of San Diego, on a recent visit I remembered there was a place that we had eaten before and came across Du-par's. We were ot disappointed and visited twice, the blue plate specials are excellent value and when I said we didn't want breakfast potatoes with our choice we were immediately fruit which was quite a surprise. On our first visit the service was very quick and attentive, a bit less so the second time. Had we been in the area longer we would probably have tried a dinner there and will keep it in mind for future visits. Pity there really are not more of these homestyle family restaurants now, good value and will visit again. The baked goods looked delicious too. Being open 24 hours is a big bonus too

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Country Cooking”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After eating at fancy food restaurants, it is nice eating at a country food restaurant. Du-Par's is that kind of restaurant. I had the country fried chicken and my husband had the lemon chicken breast. Both were good but seemed a little pricy for what we received. The homemade rolls were good and the bakery items looked good. Lots of seating available. The waitress was pleasant. Not far from the Holiday Inn Express off Sports Arena Blvd.