“Great charter experience”

Baja California Coastal Day Trip from San Diego
Ranked #18 of 108 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are proud to be San Diego's Tour Bus Leader since 1972. We specialize in international group transportation and tour services for all types of groups and individuals. We continue to expand and provide the safest, most dependable charter bus service in San Diego, Southern California and Mexico. With our diverse fleet of charter buses, we can accommodate any size group from the business traveler seeking airport service to the corporate event planner seeking group transportation. Five Star Tours & Charter Bus Company is a respected leader in the transportation industry. We know how to go that extra mile for complete customer satisfaction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Out-of-town group booked two charters with Five Star Tours in San Diego. One was a 49-passenger bus for a 3-hour trip. The other was an airport transfer in a 29-passenger mini-coach. The booking process was very easy. I appreciated Michael's quick responses to my questions. We made several adjustments to our travel plans and Five Stars took it all in stride and made the process easy. The group reported back that the service was great. Five Stars was on time and got the group where they needed to go, no problem. They had the same driver for both trips and he was really nice. I felt that we were really well taken care of, and they met my budget.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"private tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The trip with took from the Hotel Corral with four dads and four kids, back to Newport beach was flawless. I really appreciate the time to work with me to get the schedule just right. The morning of our ride, I went down and the driver was early for pickup. We left right on time.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

What an awesome trip it was for our group this year. We had not only the best bus drivers but we also had great service. They stopped as many times as we requested for breaks, which was not as often and their driving was very efficient! Angel and Joe are our preferred drivers and we thank them for getting us there safely and back. Also huge shout out to the customer service of Teresa Garcia...we could not have done this without her! She is an amazing representative of Five Star Tours and has my vote for Employee of the Year lol. Overall, we enjoyed this trip thanks to great service and safety of our ride. Even when it got cold in certain parts of Texas, Joe made sure we had comfortable heat till it got warmer, then he made sure we had cooler air...truly he took good care of us!

Five Star Tours delivers just like they say they will and my wish is more companies do the same in the chartering arena.

Thank you Five Star!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent experience. Every year our church takes high-school students from the San Francisco area to Mexico for about a week to build homes. This was our first year to charter a bus, and we were completely satisfied with the service of Five Star Tours. The bus was in great condition, the driver was wonderful, and everything happened on time. They are experienced in border crossings, which was essential. We will very likely use them again next year.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am an event coordinator for a university in San Diego and I used Five Star Tours to transport my attendees for a conference from campus to their banquet location. I ordered 3 Buses, but I forgot to order a 4th bus for those attendees that were not attending the banquet. I called Teresa G. my contact and in less than 30 minutes I had my 4th bus. I could not believe they were able to pull that off for me. Teresa is truly my transportation guardian angel. If you need to transport large group of people for a very reasonable price I would highly recommend Five Star Tours.