“A Tijuana disaster!”

Baja California Coastal Day Trip from San Diego
Ranked #18 of 108 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are proud to be San Diego's Tour Bus Leader since 1972. We specialize in international group transportation and tour services for all types of groups and individuals. We continue to expand and provide the safest, most dependable charter bus service in San Diego, Southern California and Mexico. With our diverse fleet of charter buses, we can accommodate any size group from the business traveler seeking airport service to the corporate event planner seeking group transportation. Five Star Tours & Charter Bus Company is a respected leader in the transportation industry. We know how to go that extra mile for complete customer satisfaction!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Where to start! Our Afternoon tour to Tijuana was supposed to leave at 2pm. At 2:30 we were still sitting around waiting for a bus... or waiting for a staff member to tell us WHY we were delayed and/or how long it would be until the tour began. VERY BAD COMMUNICATION by staff who were much too interested in sweeping and mopping the office floor than talking to paying customers about the delay. After a customer approached a staff member and asked why we were waiting, it was then up to the customer to tell the rest of us what was happening.. Still the staff were sweeping and mopping and not communicating with customers.

Once we finally got on the bus (at 3:15pm) with our sloppily dressed "tour guide" - who was not wearing a name tag, uniform or anything that told us who she was - I still don't know her name - she didn't introduce herself either. She mumbled on about uninteresting trivia about San Diego and the border crossing. When asked ANY question by a customer the tour guide either was not paying attention and/or ignored the question or did not know the answer (to some very basic information about the area and the border crossing).

We arrived at our destination and were given a 5:30 return to bus time. All customers returned at 5:30PM, unfortunately the bus did not arrive until 6:30PM - 1 hour late AGAIN! Again, no communication was forthcoming from the "tour guide" who sat back and leant against a wall drinking water while her customers sat and waiting with no explanation of WHY there was another delay or WHEN the bus would arrive.

Final arrival in San Diego was 9PM - 3 hours late. Luckily we did not have anywhere to be that night, but our drive back to Los Angeles saw us arrive back at our hotel at 11:30PM. Not happy at all with the service or commuication and would definitely would not recommend this tour or company to anyone.

3  Thank JenelleW
in 13 reviews
"private tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I took my family and a friend over to a sightseeing tour of the city of San Diego on a tour with 5 Star Tours and simply love it. Even though, I have been to San Diego before, I got to see more of San Diego. The staff was helpful and polite. The places that the tour takes you ,it is worth the 4 hour tour around the city. You get to see key and important places as well as information that forms part of San Diego and it's history.The tour guide Efren, did a excellent job with interacting with the people and he was very knowledgeable about San Diego. The only suggestion I would make the tour longer so people can have time to do more sightseeing. There were a few places that I wished had more time to spend on.

1  Thank roman c
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I use Five Star Tours at least once a month for business. I travel from San Diego into Tijuana, then back using Five Star's transport service. The staff is very courteous and accommodating. Teresa who handles my booking arrangements is terrific; and Atala who is usually my driver is always punctual and pleasant. When I use Five Star Tours service I feel safe and confident with my travel arrangements. I highly recommend Five Star Tours to other businesses and travelers. James Beck, Managing Director of Cardia Bioplastics for North America

1  Thank jamesbecks4u
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Came to visit San Diego from Australia and booked the city , seaworld, and safari tour on 3 different days with Five Star. Had to say there is nothing to complain about each day my van or bus was on time daily, the vehicles were clean and the staff was great especially atala she was very helpful throughout and very knowledgeable of the city. For any out of towner like me i would recommend this tour.

3  Thank CrissyJ1983
See more reviews
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I been traveling with five star for many years contracting them to take me and family to the Tijuana Airport from my home for my annual vacation to Los Cabos and I never have any problem with the service. I recently went on one of their beer tours and i must say i had an excellent time visiting 3 breweries ( ballast point, alesmith, and green flash ) and going behind the scenes at one of the breweries was very interesting and knowledgable. Also our driver was very friendly and courteous at ech brewery and I would definetly recommend this tour to any beer lover.

5  Thank Manny619