“Big lunch”

Ranked #284 of 4,932 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Description: Cafe21 is a full service eatery - try our always savory, homemade dishes created with fresh, organic produce from local farms. Or cool down after a long day with our farm-to-bar, refreshing infused drinks made with organic vodka. We provide our home made bread sandwiches, fresh organic salads, hearty breakfasts, and wide selection of organic coffees, teas, and much more. Our heart and soul is invested into creating the most satisfying dishes from the finest ingredients straight from the earth. Stop by and taste what Mother Nature is stirring in our kitchen.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

For lunch it was a big meal and messy. There was good service. The food has is OK but big for a small meal.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

On a long layover in San Diego a dear friend picked up Charming Bride and myself from the airport and took us to breakfast at Cafe21.

Cafe21 is a short drive from the airport, and made for more casual talking than driving on our layover. There was some minor road construction in the area, but it was not any impact on the drive.

Parking was fairly easy, and was the greatest issue with the drive as parking was consumed with the construction work.

The Cafe is nice in its appearance, the tables clean, and the windows let in ample morning light.

Our server, a pretty young woman was most knowledgeable about the menu and special items that could be had.

Charming Bride had one of several skillet breakfasts, hers was a veggie omelet and I had meaty one. Both were ample and filing. The coffee was very good.

We both gave it a thumbs up, and voted to return when we were back I. San Diego.

I picked up the tab because I am a wonderful human being, the fact that I got kicked under the table by not so charming bride was utterly beside the point, I would have done so gladly, as the atmosphere was very amenable to polite conversation without the brain damaging thump of overly loud music that seems to be the trend lately.

I thought the price was more than fair for the food, service, and atmosphere.

The parking in the private lot, while handy was the value of one full breakfast item we enjoyed, had more time been available then a block or so walk would have shaved that down a lot.

It was a very nice place to eat a great breakfast, there are many menu items to explore that are not the ordinary fare.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We ate here last year and liked it so much we had to come back. They have moved into to a bigger and brighter space. We hade excellent service from Amber and the same delicious food. My daughter loved her crepes and my sandwich was made with real roasted turkey, not the sliced and processed junk. I love that they serve brunch until 4PM. We were there after 2 so we didn't have to wait at all.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Fantastic fennel four cheese fondue , heavenly fried veggies ( including outrageous slices of avocado )to dip in chortle aioli, creative salads and microbrews . Perfect for people watching in the gaslamp district

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were Instantly attracted to Cafe 21 on passing with it's buzz and busy atmosphere. The staff on entry were all very friendly and accommodating and the whole Cafe itself has a modern and stylish vibe.

We had the banana and walnut pancakes which were a perfect size and tasted wonderful. My father had steak omelette with fruit which he loved!!

We liked it so much we returned the following morning for a second breakfast and the staff remembered us as an English family which was lovely.

The service was faultless puts English restaurant service very much to shame. Thoroughly recommend!!