“Great Tasting and Healthy Brunch”
Review of Cafe 21

Cafe 21
Ranked #298 of 4,964 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Description: Cafe21 is a full service eatery - try our always savory, homemade dishes created with fresh, organic produce from local farms. Or cool down after a long day with our farm-to-bar, refreshing infused drinks made with organic vodka. We provide our home made bread sandwiches, fresh organic salads, hearty breakfasts, and wide selection of organic coffees, teas, and much more. Our heart and soul is invested into creating the most satisfying dishes from the finest ingredients straight from the earth. Stop by and taste what Mother Nature is stirring in our kitchen.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had the best brunch of our trip. On New Year's Day we stopped in mid-morning and had no wait. I had the banana/strawberry stuffed french toast. It was really excellent in flavor and display. I wish that I had ordered the rhubarb stuffed version to balance out the really rich mascarpone cream but those who love rich food would have been in heaven. I loved the big portions of fresh, high quality fruit. The staff was pleasant and helpful, even replacing the cardamom espresso which I didn't find to be for my taste for another regular espresso willingly. The atmosphere is relaxed as is the neighborhood.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have just returned from a meal at Cafe 21... I expected it to be healthy and boring but I was very pleasantly surprised... The food was absolutely DEVINE! Try the mixed chips to start and the scallops or steak for main.. Service was fab too! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had the mixed fries, tapenade flatbread, and the vegan saute. Everything was so delicious! Staff was friendly.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Cafe 21 was our first stop when we landed in San Diego. First off, the hostess was hilarious and oh so helpful! Second, we were seated nearly instantly, and the cafe has a nice casual atmosphere. Thirdly, the food speaks for itself. Every plate comes with a generous amount of fruit, and they are there are countless gluten free, local, and organic options. You must stop by Cafe 21 asap!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We went over there looking for natural and health food and we've got it.
Service was very good and the food is well and properly served, freshly prepared once ordered (!!!)
We had vegan and veggie food as well as crepes and flat bread (say pizza) and all different tastes were a nice and positive surprises
, plenty of natural flavor and prepared with first class ingredients
Price is fair for the quality you have
Suggested!!