“All over the map.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe 21

Cafe 21
Ranked #236 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Idaho
Description: Cafe21 is a full service eatery - try our always savory, homemade dishes created with fresh, organic produce from local farms. Or cool down after a long day with our farm-to-bar, refreshing infused drinks made with organic vodka. We provide our home made bread sandwiches, fresh organic salads, hearty breakfasts, and wide selection of organic coffees, teas, and much more. Our heart and soul is invested into creating the most satisfying dishes from the finest ingredients straight from the earth. Stop by and taste what Mother Nature is stirring in our kitchen.
TO
“All over the map.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We went for brunch on a Saturday. They were consistently busy but the wait list was never more than 15 min, which is fine because there a plenty of shops around to visit in order to pass the time. The two male hosts were extremely helpful and joked around with the customers. One even bussed our table as the other dropped the check. The food presentation was great, however the food was less than great. I had the pesto presto and he had the blueberry pancakes. The blueberries were sour and the pesto presto was...average at best. Our server was terrible, she kept forgetting our order, coming back to take it again, and then it took a good amount of time to get our drinks. However, the atmosphere and music was phenomenal. Had we ordered something else, and had a different server, our experience could have been much better. Which is why, I would say that this place was a little 'all over the map'.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great breakfast! Worth the wait!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This place seem to always be busy. So you will have to wait. We waited around 5 minutes which was not bad. Very friendly stuff.

Food is really good. We had stuffed toast and omelet. Both were delicious . The total was a little bit more than what I am used to be paying for breakfast. Out bill was $33 before tip.

It is a very different, interesting place, definitely worth to check out!

“Breakfast! ”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this place.. the best breakfast that I ever had. And they have a really friendly staff. Like the fresh squeezed apple juice and the strawberry rhubarb toast!

Paris, France
“Favorite spot in San Diego”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved everything! Try the avocado and portabello fries, they were insanely yummy! Portions and prices are great for the size of each portions. My favorite placein SD!

Walnut Creek, California
“Amazing Brunch and Mimosa Flight in a funky cafe”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

On our last day in San Diego my husband and I decided to try Cafe 21, our hotel had recommended them for great brunch so we gave it a try. The hotel has a funky decor, a mix between balinese and thai, loved the ceiling and all the funky little items that really made it feel like we were in another country. We got seated right away and the waitresses were all so great. We both ordered an omelet, I had the garden vegetable with goat cheese and mozzarella and my husband had the steak omelet. Mine came with a slice of bread and the potato pancake, same with my husband's. The omelet's came in a little griddle pan which was really unique. The vegetables were so amazingly fresh and were very abundant, my husband's had really nice chunks of quality steak and he said it was so tender and delicious. We also ordered a Mimosa Flight, which was a great deal and we got to try different mimosa's that we would have not tried if we hadn't ordered this. All the mimosa's were so delicious! I would highly recommend this restaurant for brunch, lunch or dinner, so delicious!! Great service and great prices!

• Visited December 2013