“Nice stay”

Ranked #151 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Rigby, Idaho
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel was quite busy and seemed full when I stayed. The inside had been remodeled, and the rooms were very nice. A few details seemed overlooked in the remodel and remained rough, but overall a very nice property. I did notice that there was no HD content for the flatscreen TV in the room (disappointing for this market) but I didn't mind much as I'd rather be out exploring San Diego instead. One really big plus: although crowded, the breakfast buffet was complimentary and good quality. Most Holiday Inns charge extra for breakfast in their restaurants.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel is a ways off from downtown, maybe 20 mins but it is perfect. Free parking, free breakfast, free wifi and a really good chinese restaurant is next door. So glad we found it and will stay therr again in the future. The staff is super nice too.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank K-Corona
Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have consistently stayed at this hotel approximately nine times per year over the last five years. The staff is wonderful - they are friendly, helpful and anxious to take good care of you. The hotel and rooms are clean, good size and well equipped. Usually there is complimentary bottled water and a snack plate of fruit and crackers in the room.

The included breakfast buffet is a step above what is usually seen for hotel breakfasts. It includes scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon on the hot entrees and a good selection of fruits, yogurt, bread, bagels and pastries.

The evening happy hour while no longer free is a bargain with $1 beer and wine. Johnny the bartender is top notch - none better in my experience.

The pool and workout rooms are adequate.

Only complaint can be the noise from the jets at nearby Miramar Marine base can be very loud, sometimes late at night. Although it never keeps me from sleeping it could bother some people.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IIP2
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Son-in-law is a frequent stayer at this chain so we decided to try this particular hotel some miles from the core of downtown San Diego. Incredible clerk at check-in. Upgraded us for no charge and was ever so helpful. Rooms themselves were spacious and very, very clean. Good lightening and everything worked well.

Would highly suggest this property if driving a few extra miles is not an issue.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Mexicali, Mexico
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I was on my way to L.A. and needed a hotel in the north area of San Diego just to spend the night and be on my way early on the next day. From the moment we got there, felt sorry that we we're not going to be able to spend more time at the hotel. It is new, modern, and clean. The rooms are spacious and also the bathroom, with a large vanity area. ( a plus for 3 women travelling together!) Beds are comfortable, bedding feels like is new. Everything was impeccable.
Complimentary breakfast is a buffet with fresh fruit, eggs, sides, oatmeal, waffle station, cereals, yoghurt, juices and more. Service at breakfast was very good also.
Overall we had a great experience here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I must first compliment the staff on impeccable service. They went above and beyond to accommodate us, were very efficient, polite and went above and beyond to take care of their guests. However, they had no control over the road noise from the near by on ramp.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the noise, we were moved above the pool which was be...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JDG2010
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Alright, when I got to this hotel I had been on the road for 4 months. I had to drive down from Burbank and I just wanted to go home, but still had a few days left and I more site to complete.

I got to the hotel, went up to my room and there was a plate with an apple, banana, peanut butter, crackers and I was STARVING! I was so happy to see this you can't even imagine.

The room doesn't stand out, so it must have been fine. I remember it overlooked the pool.

Now the best part, the restaurant! You cannot beat the happy hour! John is awesome! Food was great and the beer was better. I hope to get back here soon.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business