“Sleeping next to the Freeway”

Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar
Ranked #151 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I must first compliment the staff on impeccable service. They went above and beyond to accommodate us, were very efficient, polite and went above and beyond to take care of their guests. However, they had no control over the road noise from the near by on ramp.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room away from the noise, we were moved above the pool which was be...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JDG2010
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn San Diego North Miramar

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Alright, when I got to this hotel I had been on the road for 4 months. I had to drive down from Burbank and I just wanted to go home, but still had a few days left and I more site to complete.

I got to the hotel, went up to my room and there was a plate with an apple, banana, peanut butter, crackers and I was STARVING! I was so happy to see this you can't even imagine.

The room doesn't stand out, so it must have been fine. I remember it overlooked the pool.

Now the best part, the restaurant! You cannot beat the happy hour! John is awesome! Food was great and the beer was better. I hope to get back here soon.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank LineNoise
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I noticed that this hotel won a few Service Awards in the last few years and I would say that those awards were well deserved. This is a very quiet and clean hotel where all of the staff from the front desk, to the shuttle drivers to the servers in the breakfast bar go beyond expectations...with a smile. The complimentary shuttle was a great bonus that I was not aware of before booking; but I used it several times and I was grateful each time for the service. The shuttle was also excellent value for getting to the airport.The pool looked very inviting but unfortunately my stay was short and I didn't get an opportunity to try it out. Next time...and there will be a next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BPCGA
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed in this hotel the last week in September and had bed bugs in my room. The staff was very responsive in moving me at 1:45am when I discovered the pests but I did not sleep the remainder of the night.

I took photos of the bugs and emailed them to the general manager but never got a reply. To be certain they were informed I even gave a dead bed bug in a ziplock bag to the front desk. I have no idea if they are taking care of the problem and they do not seem to care that I now am left to try to disinfect my luggage. I'll probably throw out my suitcase just to be certain I have not brought the pests to my home, This is a huge hassle.

Responsive service from the front desk but that can't overcome bed bugs.

Room Tip: Choose one in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank U G
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Located right off I-15 and Miramar Road, this is a perfect location for military or family members visiting Miramar, especially for air shows. Great pool and hottub outside. There is an exercise room, but its pretty weak (only a couple treadmills and an eliptical, no weights in sight.) There is a restaurant inside, but we've always eaten at our favorite places in San Diego, like the Brigantine, Pizza Port, or Karl Strauss. Unfortunately this place has no breakfast whatsoever.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This took me by surprise since I don't usually stay at Holiday Inns, but my hotel room (at the end of the hallway) was very quiet and clean. It was a king suite with a pull out sofa. Bathroom was big, bright, and nice. Marble countertop? Had a nice cloth bag for the hairdryer in the bathroom.

Front desk was polite and friendly.

Only downside: the maid knocked on my door at 8:15am on a Saturday to see if we wanted maid service and that woke me up.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We recently visited San Diego and stayed at the Holiday Inn North Miramar and loved it. The hotel was clean and tidy, the hotel staff were beyond nice and helpful. The location is quiet but still very close to important tourist places. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family