“Laughed so hard!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of National Comedy Theatre

National Comedy Theatre
Ranked #4 of 209 Nightlife in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Comedy Theatre is San Diego's nationally acclaimed improv comedy show and the longest running show in the history of the city. Performances every Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 & 9:45 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 p.m.
Boise, Idaho
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Laughed so hard!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was the second time we have been to this comedy club and it did not disappoint. We laughed pretty hard. It was fun too because they pulled my husband on stage to help them with a game. We had a great time and this was definitely a highlight of the trip.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank PerpetualK

Purley, England, United Kingdom
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“Hilarious! Improvised comedy and fun for $15. Different every night.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

If you like Whose Line Is It Anyway, and things being made up on the spot (Like Comedy Store Players in London, England) then you will love this. You could go every night here and spend less than you would going to two or three major attractions in San Diego. There is valet parking or after 6 parking is free on the same road in the bays.
I booked online which is advisable as the shows do sell out. The show is in game show format with different types of comedy games being played that involve the players making everything up on the spot. They may even use an audience member for the game too.
Calling out suggestions is fun too as you will need to get involved. They even play the Heckler game where the other team sit in the audience and heckle and make fun of the comedy scene at hand which makes it funnier. I've been twice so far and will carry on in the same vacation.
Thank you so much for the entertainment guys. You all work hard and do a great job.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carlos_Yabrudy
Glendale, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Laughs For Your Buck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I were visiting San Diego for the weekend and stumbled upon the show next to the pub where we were having dinner and decided to give the improv show a shot. Honestly, we weren't expecting much, but we had a great time. We've been back twice since then with friends, and made it a regular stop when we're in San Diego.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TikiBongo
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A ton of laughs for NOT a ton of money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I saw our first NCT show over 5 years ago and it's always our first suggestion to out of town guests. Sure there's SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Legoland... those are great. But EXPENSIVE. NCT is a great value for a family friendly night of laughs. If you want to try something a little different than your average attraction, you've got to give it a try.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SoGalinSoCal
San Diego, California
“Very fun! Hidden gem of San Diego!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went on a Friday night, and it was great! I've lived in San Diego all my life and just found out about this place. I'm a huge fan of Whose Line, but this was much better! I highly recommend getting your tickets ahead of time online because it was sold out when we went. Parking was tricky, but there was a valet service for $7.00 so that made things a lot easier. The cast was funny and very quick witted. They played a game called 5 Things and I can't even explain how they do it but they were able to guess all 5 Things! I highly recommend coming here for a great night out!

Visited September 2013