“A ton of laughs for NOT a ton of money!”

National Comedy Theatre
Ranked #4 of 212 Nightlife in San Diego
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Comedy Theatre is San Diego's nationally acclaimed improv comedy show and the longest running show in the history of the city. Performances every Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday night at 7:30 & 9:45 p.m. and Sundays at 7:30 p.m.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A ton of laughs for NOT a ton of money!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I saw our first NCT show over 5 years ago and it's always our first suggestion to out of town guests. Sure there's SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, Legoland... those are great. But EXPENSIVE. NCT is a great value for a family friendly night of laughs. If you want to try something a little different than your average attraction, you've got to give it a try.

1 Thank SoGalinSoCal

San Diego, California
“Very fun! Hidden gem of San Diego!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went on a Friday night, and it was great! I've lived in San Diego all my life and just found out about this place. I'm a huge fan of Whose Line, but this was much better! I highly recommend getting your tickets ahead of time online because it was sold out when we went. Parking was tricky, but there was a valet service for $7.00 so that made things a lot easier. The cast was funny and very quick witted. They played a game called 5 Things and I can't even explain how they do it but they were able to guess all 5 Things! I highly recommend coming here for a great night out!

San Diego, California
“So Funny!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I discovered this theater about a year ago and it is amazing. Every show is different which is why we keep coming back, oh and also because it is insanely hilarious! The cast are super talented and so quick, I don't know how they come up with such funny lines so quickly. The shows are all audience participation, which we love. We always try and bring people that visit us to this theater. It is super cheap plus there are good bars and restaurants real close by.

Every time we go it is packed so you need to get there early to get the seats you want. Every time we see a show it is better than the previous one. Especially the last show we saw on 9/13. I highly recommend this to everyone!

Tucson, Arizona
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Amateur”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was probably the oldest person in the audience at 78, and there was scattered laughter from time to time by the younger members of the audience, but all in all, I found the evening was strictly amateur night. Just so that I don't sound totally like an old grump, I will say that theater itself was small and had comfortable seats.

Visited July 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had a good time”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Highly recommended for an interesting evening of entertainment. Was a bit hard to find but once there our group had a great evening of fun. My first experience watching live improv -- the cast was very funny and talented.

Visited May 2013