“Lobster Fishing”

Seaforth Sportsfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Whale watching, sportfishing, boat rentals
San Mateo, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lobster Fishing”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a great time on the Lobster Fishing trip on Friday night and caught 5 lobster. The crew was nice, but the way they were pulling the pots were not fair to us. The first mate told my husband that the other four guys that were on the boat bought the boat and that is why they got to pull twice as many pots as we did. If that were true, why did we pay the same price and were allowed on the boat?

Visited November 2012
2 Thank scarlett b

Kent. Uk
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Private boat Alexis. Fantastic”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We paid up to do this $800 for a half day for my husband ,myself and my two teenage boys.
We has two captains on board, we departed at 6.20 and got back about 11.30
We did not expect to catch game fish on a half day, but we still had live squid as bait, and expert guidance, we caught 16,14,11 and 9 fish all good keeping sizes.
Those that we threw back, the pelicans swolled up ( had 5 of these beautiful birds swimming around our boat)
We had a really fun day and Gary could have not made it any more pleasurable.

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Only boat we will go fishing on”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have tried a few other fishing charters lately and the San Diego boat out of Seaforth is the BEST! They are very well organized, there are no surprise costs and the crew is great. It seems like most the fishermen on the San Diego are experienced so even when the boat is full, most people seem to know how to move with their line. There always seems to be 1 or 2 drunk crazies on the boat but it has been like that on all the other boats we have been on as well. I caught my first 2 yellowtail on my 3/4 trip and this boat always seems to catch more then all the other boats out there. Our friend was on the overnight trip with H&M and we caught more fish on our 3/4 day trip.

We will only fish on the San Diego for now on.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank starshine137
San Clemente, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I've been fishing for well over four decades.

I got back from a trip yesterday and had forgotten how convenient it is to use Seaforth.

I can only compare them to the other large landing in San Diego. my reasons for suggesting you use Seaforth rather than the other landing are.

-Ample parking
-Free Parking
-Didn't see the miscreants slithering around ready to steal my gear
-Price of the 2.5 day trip was $100-$200 cheaper than any of the other landings trips.
-The trip, though cheaper, was every bit as great experience as many of the big boats

For your money, this landing offers the best bang for your buck!

Visited August 2012
Chandler, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Overly Crowded and Understaffed”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We signed up for an early morning, 4 hour fishing trip. The boat, "The New Seaforth", was averaged sized with no deck seats. There were over 65 people on the fishing charter and the check in / getting the gear squared away was poorly organized. We left 45 minutes late. We were shoulder to shoulder and had difficulty tracking down one of the two (three?) deck hands available when something was needed. The sheer number of people on this charter made it difficult to enjoy the experience and the captain of the ship mentioned he has had up to 100 fishermen on this charter! This trip was a huge dissapointment.

Visited July 2012