“Food is great - but ambiance is pretty ho hum”
Review of Escape Fish Bar - CLOSED

Escape Fish Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Everything we had was great; but the coconut chowder and mussels were outstanding and the highlight of our meal! Sara, our server was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. I will be sure to eat here the next time I am downtown.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went there base on good reviews and one dollar sign. But we ended up paying more than one dollar sign. The food was decent and creative. I had the curry seafood soup, which I didn't really like. But my husband loved. He had fish and rice. Which he wasn't too crazy about, but I loved it. They didn't have any kids menu, but they were very accommodating in making kids dishes. They were able to make grill cheese and fries for my son. My daughter just had calamari appetizer. Both were very tasty, my kids didn't want to share with us. They did give us a very small bit to try.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We found this place on accident while walking through the gaslight district. Not much to look at from the street, don't let that fool you. The food here was incredible. We had the muscles, the chipotle coconut clam chowder and 3 different fish dishes. Nothing we had was average, each and everything was special, fresh and seasoned perfectly. On top of that, Mercedes did a great job of hostess, waitress, bartender etc. we plan to go back tomorrow for lunch!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hostess/server was fantastic. Food was excellent. No pressure. Mussels were amazing. We are going back again, which is against my usual policy, but why not? Brios he was great, unlimited sangria for $15. If weather permits, sit outside and people watch while you dine.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had the halibut tacones and they were delicious! The halibut tasted fresh and was perfectly cooked. The seasoning and sauce in the tacones had the right amount of spice to complement the fish. The waiter was extremely friendly and provided great service. It is a great place to sit, people watch and enjoy delicious food!