“Delicious Fresh Seafood”

Neighborhood: Downtown
San Diego
“Delicious Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It was quite crowded when we went as it was a Saturday night, but we did get seated fairly quickly. The restaurant is tiny but has a small bar with local draft beer, wine and mixed drinks. The facilities may be small and no frills, but after your first bite, you understand that the emphasis is on the food, which was excellent from start to finish.
Two of us had the grilled fish plates ( one sea bass, one swordfish) and both were cooked to perfection! One of us had the Carlsbad mussels, which were also excellent.
We all enjoyed our meal here, and would definitely recommend the restaurant to foodies who don't need fancy surroundings to enjoy a quality meal.

• Visited November 2012

Howell, NJ
“Get it to go”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We ate relatively early (6) on a Saturday night.

Waitress had to be new- couldn't accurately describe dishes on the menu... Wasn't told that my dish couldn't be made the way I wanted it until it was tabled. Two servers were clearly overwhelmed as the night got busier. Place is small, but which is fine, but tables too close together... Door kept opening and closing, letting cold air in & hitting guests on the way out.

Food itself was tasty, but home-made pickles had too much vinegar. Cilantro - lime rice & all fish was delicious.

Probably wouldn't return for dinner again, definitely not during a busy time. Actually, getting it to go would have been ideal.

“OMG tacones!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Tried this restaurant based on reviews. I have to say the swordfish tacones were amazing, as was the accompanying slaw. The decor is nothing to write home about, but the food more than makes up for it.
I will definitely go back!

1 Thank timot61
“Fabulous”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fabulous. That is what I immediately thought when waiter James brought out my halibut grilled fish lunch. When I first walked in, it seemed like a small, but clean, hole in the wall restaurant. It was greeted on the sidewalk by James and invited in for lunch. Knowing I am not an avid fish connoisseur, he recommended the halibut. When chef Evan prepared my meal, it was a home run! I wasn't all that hungry but the fish was so good, I left nothing. I will definitely be back.

1 Thank Ramblingdog
Phoenix, Arizona
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

A fantasiic restaurant! Fresh seafood prepared perfectly and superb service! It truly is a small hidden gem in Gaslamp!

• Visited November 2012