“A relaxed, funky cafe with great staff and delicious food!”
Review of Sole Luna Cafe

Sole Luna Cafe
Ranked #416 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 7th Avenue
Description: Located at the bottom of the Historic El Cortez building Sole Luna Cafe brings you true Nothern Italian fare. Our back patio is great for groups or a nice romantic dinner, come in and see for yourself!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Two travelling Australians on a budget looking for a quick and tasty breakfast - we are so glad we found this place. Located within walking distance of Gaslamp District's main food/bar stretch 5th Avenue, this little gem is a must visit place. The service is friendly and helpful without being overbearing and intrusive. The food came out quickly and hot and they were definitely not stingy on the fillings. I had the cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel and my friend had the egg, cheese and bacon bagel. Both delicious. Free wifi on request. Coffee was good too!

There are newer reviews for Sole Luna Cafe

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fresh bagels, awesome egg scramble, dog friendly. Only suggestion is they need to power wash their patio.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What great food and service, the portions look a little small but they are a perfect size...no wastage!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On a recent excursion to San Diego, I found myself alone at dinner time, my daughter having abandoned me for Comic Con-related activities. So I decided to try Sole Luna Cafe, which came highly recommended by the people at Days Inn, where we happened to be staying. What a delightful little gem of a place! It had a very cozy, friendly feel and the owner, whose name I believe was Shawna, made me feel very comfortable as a woman dining alone. I started the evening with a wonderful cosmopolitan/martini-type cocktail, and ordered a salmon dish, which was served piping hot and was incredibly fresh and flavorful. I ended the evening enjoying a glass of wine at the bar and chatting with an interesting group of women who lived in the neighborhood and were regulars at Sole Luna... sort of like a San Diego version of Cheers! This place is less than a mile from the Convention Center, but after 3 days of Comic Con craziness, Sole Luna was a very pleasant contrast to all of the hype of the Gaslamp District.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I met up with some friends here for lunch this week. I've driven by it before but never had eaten here. Totally nice place with a good atmosphere. They have some tables outside and plenty of tables inside as well. The outdoor tables in the patio seem like it would be great for happy hours.

We sat inside and our waitress was attentive. I didn't want to get something too big as I was having a big dinner that night. I got what I thought was a lighter dish of Eggplant Parmigiana, which I thought would be smaller but the dish was quite big. And it came with a small salad and the bread basket they gave was good as well.

We had some cappuccinos after lunch and they were good. This is a good casual spot that you should hit if you're in the area. I've been in this area before at the end of the day and parking is impossible but at lunch time there are plenty of empty spots on the street with meter parking. (25 cents for 12 minutes).

I'd definitely come here again!

1  Thank saintba