“Fun Buzzing Vibe, very French bistro feeling!”

BO beau kitchen + bar
Ranked #202 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A casual, neighborhood bistro in the heart of bohemian (BO) Ocean Beach. The beautiful(Beau) design transports you to a cottage in a small village in the south of France.
San Diego
“Fun Buzzing Vibe, very French bistro feeling!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Maybe it was just our Wedding Anniversary magic, but we had a fabulous night here! Very surprised that we had to wait about an hour for a table on a Monday night.
The crispy brussel sprouts fried with pancetta bacon in balsamic reduction were beyond great-I am embarressed to admit that we devoured the entire platter.
My hubby had the frites and moules moullier, and I had the salmon. Both were excellent and the portions were very generous.
Only Cons: Wine was cheap-we chose the $20 carafe, but that's on us for ordering it! Hard to resist paying only $8 more for a carafe than the price of two glasses. And perhaps the Cohn group should invest in a computer for making reservations! :)

• Visited March 2013

Mission Viejo, California
“Charming, friendly bistro”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Unique little find. Great energy and very friendly waitstaff,bartenders and manager. No reservations so go early or late if on a weekend. Our wait wasn't as long as expected. Love the menu and our dinners were great. Had the night's special which was a filet and scallops with lobster Mac and cheese. And because I didn't want the steak, the waiter suggested to do scallops only. Generous servings and bold flavors.

• Visited March 2013
Grosse Pointe Farms
“All around 5 star dinner!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome dinner at Bo Beau!
Started with the yummy Brussels sprouts I had heard so much about - didn't disappoint! Crispy, salty and yummy goodness.
Steak frites, Beef Bourgione, and Salmon were great! Perfectly prepared food with great presentation.
Staff was very friendly and attentive.
Very wam and inviting atmosphere.
Highly recommended!

los osos
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the atmosphere and the food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

When I think of a neighborhood restaurant with a bit of class and big flavors I think of this place. After reading a review on trip advisor we went to this place. We had the Brussels sprouts, mussels, and a pizza. All amazing especially the Brussels sprouts. This place is why I love SD so much. Small neighborhoods with great restaurants. This place is rather unassuming from the outside but when you walk in there is so much charm and character. I ordered a beer at the bar as we waited for a table. They serve a selection of great local beers. SD has numerous breweries and I've noticed that the restaurants like to focus on serving the beers from the area. All around I would highly recommend this place

Olympia, WA
“It's a Miracle: I No Longer Hate Brussel Sprouts!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had heard that the wait can be a long one at BO Beau since they don't take reservations. Well, we went for dinner right after the Super Bowl and we were seated immediately. Thank God for the Super Bowl! I loved the warm welcoming ambience, the dim lighting, and the beautiful décor.

Our waitress, who was very friendly, got our drinks while the 6 of us decided what to order. Having read rave reviews about the brussel sprouts here, we ordered both kinds: brussel sprouts with dried cranberries, goat cheese, toasted hazelnuts & apple cider, as well as brussel sprouts with pancetta, parmesan, balsamic. I have tried brussel sprouts for years - cooked a variety of ways - and have never liked them. This time though, I absolutely LOVED them. I would say these are a must-order item for everyone who eats here. They were incredible.

I'll admit I really struggled reading the menu. I'm not an expert on French cuisine by any means, and I'm thankful the selection wasn't overwhelming. I ordered something I didn't have to point to on the menu for fear of mispronouncing it to the waitress: Braised Short Rib Flat Bread with Horseradish Smashed Potatoes and Chives. It was SO GOOD. The meat was perfectly cooked, and although we all shared our various flat breads, I did so begrudgingly. We also sampled the chorizo, and goat cheese flat breads. I liked the short rib one the best.

We stayed and visited for a couple hours, and ended up being the last customers there. In fact, as we left, we had the feeling they were closing for the night, but no one ever made us feel rushed. The staff was incredibly friendly.

The next time I'm in San Diego, I'm bringing my kids to try the brussel sprouts. Maybe then, they'll finally like them, too.

• Visited February 2013