“Great American Food...In the New Orleans Manner”

Bud's Louisiana Cafe
Ranked #363 of 4,768 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bud’s Louisiana Cafe provides high quality, authentic, Creole and Cajun cuisine in the San Diego community.
Oceanside
“Great American Food...In the New Orleans Manner”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We enjoy Cajun cooking and it's hard to find a good restaurant in the San Diego area. So when we looked online and saw that Bud's Louisiana Cafe came highly recommended, we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed!!!

Since we both like seafood (especially shrimp) we selected the Fried Shrimp Po Boy (fried shrimp in a cornmeal batter served with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and Remoulade sauce) and the New Orleans BBQ Shrimp Po Boy (sauteed shrimp in a spicy BBQ blend with garlic, Worcestershire, and butter served with shredded cabbage and house-made tartar sauce) with a side of fries. To wash it down, we both had Abita Amber Lager.

San Diego, CA
“Great Cajun food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bud's is a great lunch spot in Kearney Mesa. I have eaten there many times and never disappointed. They offer the best Cajun food in San Diego by far!

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Yuck!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

BIg disappointment!!! Used to be good...Gumbo with floating cold potatoe salad in the center, really? Order the catfish St. Charles if you like plain grilled fish atop plain white rice flanked by tasteless green beans.

Rancho California
“Best New Orleans Style Food In San Diego!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Business travel has taken me to New Orleans several times but my wife had never eaten good, authentic New Orleans French Quarter style food. Research led me to Bud's Louisiana Cafe on the north side of San Diego. Reviews were good and it was close to our home, so I took her there for her birthday.

Based on the comments she made during and after dinner, I couldn't have chosen a better place! She loves Soft Shell Crab, so she ordered a combination Soft Shell Crab and Crawfish Etouffee dish. She thought it was superb! For dessert, our waiter brought her a complimentary dish scrumptious of Bread Pudding, topped with a birthday candle, of course.

We truly enjoyed our dinner and our waiter, who was very attentive. My only disappointment was that Bud's doesn't serve French Quarter Chicory Coffee, which I love. It was a minor flaw in what was an excellent and authentic New Orleans dining experience.

Lakeside, California, United States
“Just like New Orleans!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a real hidden gem of a place...Excellent food and great service! Our meal started with some sweet oyster shooters! Full of flavor and very tender! I had the soft shell crab and crawfish etoufee entree, while my husband tried the pasta jumbalaya! One of the best cajun style dishes he's ever had! Mine was mouthwatering!! For dessert, I tried the creme brulee topped with carmelized bananas, just like the bananas foster on Bourbon Street!! ... amazing!! It brought back such great memories of our trips to New Orleans, we can't wait to go back!! If you're ever in the mood for some great cajun food, this is the place to try! We loved it and will be back soon!!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Bud's Louisiana Cafe? Share your experiences!