“We found it!”

Bud's Louisiana Cafe
Ranked #325 of 4,891 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bud’s Louisiana Cafe provides high quality, authentic, Creole and Cajun cuisine in the San Diego community.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place was open ages ago in Little Italy and then left. We thought it was gone for good and then discovered the new location. Not the easiest place to find and not really near anything. But if you want solid LA comfort food, make the trip. Great food and a nice staff. Takeout is available too.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Bud's is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, and the service impeccable! We love the seafood bisque, and Louisiana chicken.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Bud's is a great place to catch a New Orleans style lunch. I usually choose the shrimp Po Boy that reminds me a lot of the French Quarter hoagies. You can ask them to spice it up a little if you want. My other favorite here is the red beans and rice. The rice is cooked perfectly and the with a dash or two of hot sauce it is a good light meal. Although it is usually served as a cup, if you ask they will bring you a big bowl. My only negative about Bud's for lunch is you bets come early as seating is limited as well as the parking. Try the food and you will understand why the crowd.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had quick lunch here last month. Food was great (New Orleans style, of course). Not much in the way of ambiance, it's just a good lunch restaurant located in a strip mall near a number of light manufacturing facilities. Good though.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This restaurant is close to my home in Tierrasanta and I have eaten there many times. I'm a big fan. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is charming. I can't recommend it highly enough.
My only hesitation is that when it gets very busy, as it does at lunchtime, the conversation at the table is hard to hear unless you're on the patio.

Been to Bud's Louisiana Cafe? Share your experiences!