“Mira Mesa Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The ambiance, staff, & food (not in any order) make this Thai restaurant a great place to visit. This place is associated with Amarin in Hillcrest so you know this place serves food that will not disappoint your taste buds. The last time here, I normally order, on a scale of Thai hot, a 5 but asked for a 7 with spices on the side. I didn't need the spices on the side since the 7 was clearly hot enough. I normally order green curry with chicken while the wife orders pad see yu, but we have gone off our normal course here since we need to expand our Thai taste buds, since all of the food here is great. They also have a huge selection of wines. This restaurant is slowly becoming my #1 Thai restaurant in San Diego. It definitely will not disappoint if you love Thai food......

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I never knew this place existed until our kids told us about it. It's in a strip mall and somewhat hidden.

I ordered the crab fried rice and pad thai. Both was excellent. Desserts are all awesome. Creme Brûlée the best. Love the sticky rice :)

I previously ordered the garlic salmon fried rice and that also is one of my favorites but don't let the picture fool you. The salmon doesn't come in big chunks. It's somewhat crushed. It's not presented like the picture at all. The first time I had it, the garlic was mild. Just the right taste added. The second time it was too much. It just taste like they added 10 cloves to it. Make sure you let them know you want the garlic taste mild.

Overall food good but overpriced for the portions.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is always very busy, lovely ambience and can be noisy. Friday or Saturday nights service can be slow. Food is delicious.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The restaurant looks really nice and I looked forward to my meal. Unfortunately, the food was bland. The waiter did not ask about the spice level, so I assumed to food would be spicy; after all, this is a Thai restaurant. The food, however, was not spicy at all. This is not how Thai food is supposed to taste. I have never before had a Som Tam that was not spicy. In addition, the beef (Weeping Tiger) was overcooked (almost well done). Again, the waiter did not ask how I wanted my beef cooked. With a few changes this could have been a nice meal. If only the waiter had communicated better and asked about our preferences.

1  Thank realtravelprof
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our niece and her husband who live in San diego chose this restuarant for a family dinner. We were impressed with the elegant decor and large selection of items. the food when served was delicious. I would rate the food and service as one of the best Thai restuarants that we have eaten at. We will definitely return when we visit our family that lives in the San Diego area..