“Four of us went for an early Sunday dinner after a matinee play”
Review of Alexander's

Alexander's
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #552 of 4,994 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Upas and Ray
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Four of us went for an early Sunday dinner after a matinee play. We had been here once before & were looking forward to our return. For each of us this visit was better than the first. Each dish, including a special request Caprese with Buratta instead of Mozzarella was fantastic. The caprese was made with tasty slices of 3 different heirloom tomatoes. The best caprese we have ever had. Each of the other salads we ordered was great. We shared a lasagna and a pizza, both of which were nicely flavored and delicious. We were full by then, so I can't comment on desert. Another nice surprise was the offer to taste the wines that were available by the glass before ordering. We are going back, even though it is 25 miles from our home.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Fun, hip and great vibe! Loved the décor, clean and crisp......Outside patio with an old Audrey Hepburn movie shown on the building wall made for a perfect outdoor experience on a warm lovely evening. Perfect for a special time in your life, or small party.......

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant in North Park which I had never heard of. Very chic inside all in white. I had the pink penne pasta which was good but not great and I had to ask for salt to give the dish more flavor. It was great to see a significant amount of chicken in the pasta which is not always the case with pasta dishes. Service was excellent. I would possibly go back to try another dish.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Last minute dinner with frends who highly recommended this restaurant. Service was great. We had three or four appetizers, all of which were excellent. My wife's sea bass and my pasta dish were also very good. Pizza was a bit overcooked, but that was really the only adverse thing I can say about the whole experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had company visiting from out-of-State and decided to go to do local dining. Alexander's is a lovely restaurant with great atmosphere. We had a nice booth and attentive service. My dinner was more than I could eat. The bread was delicious and warm. I love their Margarita pizza. My husband was not that impressed with their fish, but again, generous portions. It's a good idea to make reservations on the weekends and plan a long dinner.