“Downtown Little Italy”

Walking Food Tour in Coronado
Ranked #4 of 101 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're Bite San Diego, America's Finest City's food tour company. Join us on our adventures inside the restaurants that have impacted San Diego's culinary scene. We will lead you on an exploration of the history, roots and reasons San Diego is becoming a food mecca for locals and world travelers alike.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This one was great! I recently took visiting family on the Old Town tour and couldn't believe how much better the Gaslamp Little Italy tour was. No comparison! Food was great and the choices of places to stop was perfect us who are native San Diegans as well as my out of town guests. The tour guide Philip was more then accommodating, personable and very knowledgeable. This was a perfect activity for all of us! Loved it.....

By the way.... Can't remember the name of Old Town tour guide but he did a great job even though the tour plan was not good.

There are newer reviews for Bite San Diego

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Took a great tour of eateries in Coronado with Bite San Diego this past weekend with my best friend. Had a great experience at the restaurants we visited. However, I would have liked to have a little bit more of a variety regarding the food. We had two back to back stops with ice cream. Also, it would have been nice for the restaurants that we did visit to have some vegetarian options for the non-meat foodies. Other than that, the tour was great with a fun and knowledgeable tour guide and interesting group of people. Nice experience in a gorgeous location!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I recently took the guided food tour through Downtown/Little Italy with Eddie and let me just say that was a BLAST! I wasn't sure what to expect as I have never been on a "food tour" before but I quickly realized I was in for a treat as we embarked on the culinary adventure. My favorite stop was probably the Berkeley pizza joint. They have a great NY/Chicago style pizza with tons of topping choices all with fresh ingredients and enormous flavor. Their wide selection of beers on tap pays great tribute to the growing San Diego beer culture. I also really enjoyed their latest addition to the tour, Spike Africa. They serve fresh seafood and even have a gluten-free menu for those who are looking for a healthier taste of the sea. Aside from the delicious food we tried Eddie was one heck of a tour guide providing us with great historical information and facts about the area. If you get a chance to try one of these tours I would highly recommend trying this one. You WON'T be disappointed!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This past weekend I went on Bite San Diego's Food tour in Coronado, and I have to say I was completely blown away. The food was delicious and our guide Noel was completely personable. He really knew a lot about the history of San Diego and seemed excited to be there with us. Along the way, we stopped at a plethora of restaurants and indulged in small portions of different foods. But by the end of the day I was definitely full. My personal favorite was the shrimp from Peohe's dipped in a plum sauce. Yum! The weather was absolutely beautiful and made walking around the island very fun! It was a great experience that I will be sharing with everyone. I fully intend to go on another tour with Bite in the near future.

1  Thank Tiffany V
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our kids gave us this tour for an anniversary gift and what a great gift it was! We really enjoyed the other people in the group as well as our tour guide, Eddie and seeing North Park. We've driven through over the years but haven't stopped for some time. The Craftsman bungalows and new businesses really are making North Park a fun place to stop! We came early to poke around on our own first so had a bit of a feel for the neighborhood before the tour began. Loved starting at a wine bar! Perhaps that's why we all had such a good time!