“Bite San Diego Rocks”

La Jolla Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 91 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're Bite San Diego, America's Finest City's food tour company. Join us on our adventures inside the restaurants that have impacted San Diego's culinary scene. We will lead you on an exploration of the history, roots and reasons San Diego is becoming a food mecca for locals and world travelers alike.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
San Diego, California
“Bite San Diego Rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I did the Hillcrest tour today, our first tour. All others in the tour were also on their first also. What great group led by Dani, a great guide. So much, looking forward to my next tour. What great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Glad I took a chance and bought 4 tours.

Santa Clarita, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Downtown/Little Italy Tour Is The Greatest!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am sooo so so happy to change my 2 stars to 5!!! Downtown/Little Italy Tour was the greatest experience ever!!!!

Let me start off by saying Beck, Daniella & everyone who is part of Bite San Diego are truly amazing!!! They reached out to me about my previous experience with them during the Encinitas tour & were so helpful & eager to turn my semi frown upside down..and WOW DID THEY EVER!!!! During my whole encounter with them & their customer service team I felt that they truly cared about how their customers feel about giving them a memorable experience with their food tours. Feeling important was just the tip of the iceberg...the Downtown food tour itself was AMAZING!!!

We started off @ Royal India (unfortunately we were late & made it right as we were on to our next stop)
-Venissimo Cheese....Eddie was amazing..he greeted us with a smile as we walked into winded from rushing (traffic from LA SUCKS!) & put aside some samples for us since we were late. The woman behind the cheese counter was so helpful & anything we wanted to try in the cases she would cut us a slice....delicious!!
-Berkeley Pizza...The greatest pizzza in the WORLD!!!!! No joke...we are stilll talking about how great this pizza is...we even had some delivered to the hotel later that night!! They have an amazing selection of IPAs on tap so we purchased a beer & got to try 3 different pizzas...delicious!
We continued on our 2 mile trek throughout downtown gaslamp quarter..there was so much to see & stop & talk about there was never a dull moment...Not to mention happy hour in every doorway!!! In all honesty it didnt even seem like a 2 mile walk, it wasnt a strenuous adventure at all for those who are worried about so much walking. Im not the most athletic individual (especially stuffed with cheese, pizza & beer) but eddie made it bearable with small stops along the way with tidbits of history throughout.
-We made our way to Karl Strauss Brewery & got beer tasters as well as a tour of the brewery...Loved it all!!
- Our last & final stops were made in Littly Italy....we ended at the farmers market & Cafe Italia where we topped off our delectable day with nutella & marscapone cheese on the best dough ever!!!

We ended in little italy which was luckily right where our hotel was (La Pensione Hotel). So we got to sit street side taking in all the italian ambiance as we decided to wander around little italy & begin our own adventure. Kind of hard to follow such a great act like out downtown tour but we were on cloud nine from all we had seen & experienced so we were ready to take on san diego!!

All in all this was such a great experience & went above & beyond any hopes I had for this day. Great Food. Great Walk. Great Experience!!! We can not wait to return & couldnt be more thankful to Daniella, Beck, Eddie & Bite San Diego. Till next time Bite...We love you!

Carlsbad, California
3 attraction reviews
“Hillcrest tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my fifth Bite San Diego walking tour and the best ever. We actually sampled at four great restaurants and had coffee at a coffee shop, just how it should be. No candy shop or oil/vinegar shop that no one wants to go to. Dani was the BEST guide ever, very friendly, chatted with everyone in our group and was extremely knowledgeable about the area.

San Diego, California, United States
“Here's to Eddie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had purchased this tour on behalf of my boyfriend Dan. We picked the Little Italy tour from downtown san Diego to Little Italy! what an amazing trip we had! We learned so much history about the city we have lived in our whole lives and tasted some amazing food too!
Here's to our tour guide Eddie, this man was very thoughtful, generous and extremely kind in all that he put into our tour! I recommend anyone that goes on a tour to request him as your guide! Eddie took the time with each one of the guest and listened and talked to all of us! he does his job very well and we are going to book another tour because of him! Thank you to you Eddie! You are AWESOME!

San Diego, California
“North Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I really enjoyed the North Park tour. Guide, Eddie did a great job. Saw the sites of the area, visited different types of restaurants and didn't feel rushed. Enjoyed visiting the wine tasting bar. I would highly recommend this tour. I plan to return to North Park again due to this introduction to the area. Go on Sunday as there is free street parking this day.