“Foodies can become history buffs!”
Review of Bite San Diego

Walking Food Tour in Coronado
Ranked #4 of 101 Food & Drink in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're Bite San Diego, America's Finest City's food tour company. Join us on our adventures inside the restaurants that have impacted San Diego's culinary scene. We will lead you on an exploration of the history, roots and reasons San Diego is becoming a food mecca for locals and world travelers alike.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Now "foodies" can learn the local history of a city's different neighborhoods while enjoying it's new food spots, all while you are exploring and viewing the architectural designs unique to that neighborhood! Great for both tourists or locals. I was born in San Diego and lived in this area most of my life and still learned things about my town I never new. Our guide, Eddie was very hospitable, entertaining and knowledgeable. The food was delicious and the restaurants were all very accommodating. Everyone seemed please to share their cuisine with the group. What an incredibly enjoyable way to spend the afternoon. This was our second tour and we will definitely be coming back for another Bite!!

There are newer reviews for Bite San Diego

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First I want to thank our tour guide "Dana" for all her knowlege and for making the 3 hour tour most enjoyable. We learned alot about Julian and had a great experience.
The portions were adaquate for tasting. (It's tasting not a meal). She was friendly and made us feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend this tour and we plan to book another tour of Old Town.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have gone to La Jolla ( honeymoon), Julian, San Diego (Gaslamp & Little Italy) and Coronado bite San Diego tours. I have learned so much from each tour about food, architecture and local history. I love them and would recommend them for any occasion. The tour leaders are friendly and very knowledgeable. Tell everyone!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was an amazing tour led by Eddie that took us through the Gaslamp District's best restaurants. It was a four hour tour which included a visit to a local brewery. Go hungry and you will have a wonderful time. I highly recommend this tour if you are a foodie!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went on the Bite San Diego Encinitas tour this last weekend and it was SOO much fun! I honestly didn't expect it to be an overly social experience, I thought it would be a bit stiff and stuffy, but I was definitely wrong. Everyone in our group was friendly, outgoing and having a great time for the full 3 hours, due in part to our fantastic and lively guide. She had tons of energy and gave the group ample time to enjoy the food and ambiance in each restaurant while socializing and getting to know one another. We learned interesting facts about the area, ate some incredible food and really had a great time. I definitely recommend booking a Bite San Diego tour for a fun and different thing to do in San Diego!

1  Thank Carli L