“Asian fusion done right”

Roy's San Diego Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's San Diego Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 4,989 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 1st Avenue
Transit: MTS Trolley stop across the street enar the Convention Center & Marriott Hotel & Marina
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We got to San Diego tired after traveling a long day.
Checked in and went to the marina for a walk and to find a lunch place.
We were fortunate to pick Roy's
The service was great. Forget his name but was exceptional.
Anyway we had a bunch of appetizers
Pork ribs were wonderful. Had the crab cake which was excellent.
Had the mahi mahi tacos
Three nice size tacos in a very nice sauce. Good of used some more as it
was a bit dry. The salad with shrimp was fresh and great.
Wonderful view and food.
Can miss.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm not one for Asian fusion because some restaurants just can't do it right. Having grown up in Hawai'i, I have an affinity for authenticity, and when that is shaken up, I get a little uncomfortable. However, Roy's does such an excellent job at fusing innovation with authenticity along with sheer originality.

Lobster Potstickers - YUM. Potstickers. Lobsters. I mean, c'mon now.

Canoe Appetizer for Two - Couldn't have included better apps on one boat. Delish!

Misoyaki “Butterfish” - Don't even get me started. Buttery, flakey, melt-in-your-mouth. Order it. Do it. Just do it.

I think I'm going to make a reservation for another meal. Toodles.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

It took a little while to be seated so when we were seated the server brought a complimentary watermelon poke appetizer. The fish tacos were fantastic. Lovely patio dining by the marina.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My fiance and I were big fans of Roy's when we lived in Hawaii, so we were excited to go to the San Diego location. And they did not disappoint! The food was amazing (always get the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi and the ahi poke - so good!) as was the drinks and dessert (the chocolate souffle is a must!). The location is really good and the ambiance is wonderful. But what really set Roy's apart for us was the incredible service. I had asked for an otuside table because my fiance was deploying overseas for almost a year, and not only did they give us an outside table, they really took care of us. Free food and drinks, bringing the chef out to meet us, taking a really nice photo for us. They were wonderful. We will deifnitely be going back!!! Thanks for making our last night together so fantastic!

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Awesome fusion cuisine and the dessert rocks!!! The Chocolate Mousse Cake sounds nothing like the absolutely delightful treat it really is! It is served with delicately caramelized banana slices, Pistachio ice cream and crunchy toffee wafer