“Pre-theater dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 525 Spruce Street
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location has two versions. The roof-top Top of the Park, and the ground-level Inn at the Park. Only the Inn at the Park serves dinner. The room is a bit dated and worn around the edges, but is is nevertheless quite pleasant. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. The menu is modest but varied; the wine list also is short but adequate. I had the lamb chops, which were excellent, along with a very nice zinfandel. They have live music later in the evening, but we were off the the Old Globe Theater in nearby Balboa Park.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My partner and I went to Top the Park to start off Pride weekend. I had two $50.00 and a 20.00. I thought it best to break a 50.00 before starting to drink. The bartender gave me change for a 20.00. When I told him he made a mistake he said look there are no 50s in my drawer. Of course not he put is somewhere to the right of the cash drawer. He was at a temporary bar with no camera due to the overflow crowd. My badI should have called out what I was handing him. We tried to speak with a manager but were told he was downstairs and busy. The women we spoke with went and talked with the rent a boy bartender who swore I didn't give him a 50.00 and showed her his till. Of course it wasn't in there it was likely by then someplace from which I wouldn't want it back. She came back and told us I was mistaken. Really?? I was done at that point and refused her offer of a free drink. Excuse me, your boss doesn't need to now get ripped off by the dishonesty of the jerk behind the bar. Anyway the kicker is that she followed me to the next bartender when I was getting the second round. She quietly said something to him and he gave me a strange look and carefully showed me my change. So I guess she believed little rent a bartenders story and not mine. Anyway lesson learned shout out what bill you are giving bartenders at Inn at the Park. especially at bars that don't have a camera and avoid Top of The Park when it is crowded.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a credit to use for the hotel and the menu read pretty well so we decided to stop in for lunch. The view was great, but the food was poor. The bun on our short rib sandwiches had to be at least 2 days old. The rest of the meal was barely OK. The room itself has a very unusual shape and definitely does not give you a warm feeling, very stark. The service was just Ok, again nothing to bring you back. The main reason I gave it 2 stars is because of the view, not the food.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of the best view spots in town, eating outside on the roof top you see the balboa park tower to Point Loma, the harbor, the city scene. They did a good job keeping the food stocked, they had a nice selection of items and served mimosas. Crab legs and shrimp were generous..the meat options okay. Breakfast bar are had nice selections, didn't keep them hot though which was disappointing, but the flavors were good. I would go back just to enjoy the location. They had live music that was outstanding. Service was great everyone very smiley and very helpful...don't get that often enough!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have traveled quite a bit to San Diego and tried out Inn At The Park, I am pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. Decor and design hip and chic, lot of detail in design and definitely gives you a feeling like you are a resident in the city as opposed to a traveler passing through. Pleasing colors and thought out detail put a smile on my face. I look forward to the rest of my trip, but definitely recommend giving Inn At The Park a try on your next trip to San Diego.