“California cuisine- friendly service in Hillcrest”
Review of Fig Tree Cafe

Fig Tree Cafe
Ranked #283 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great eatery for a late breakfast,brunch or dinner. Friendly staff and adequate service. Savory salads, paninis, side orders. Love the man candy and eggs Benedict. Nice atmosphere, too.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Fig Tree has a lovely patio serving delicious lunches and breakfasts. It's like a hidden gem when you visit. Service was good, friendly and helpful. The food on 2 visits was very good.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

After a day in Balboa Park we had dinner here and enjoyed the experience as well as the food. I chose the pappardelle with braised duck, feta cheese and arugala; it was richer than I bargained for and so filling that I couldn't face the proffered - and highly recommended - fig bread pudding dessert. Plenty of parking is available nearby and the restaurant is tucked away in an inner courtyard of a large Spanish-style commercial building that contains Trader Joe's and a variety of other eating and service establishments. The cafe has a small inside seating area and a fairly commodious exterior patio under a lighted fig? tree. The style is slightly California funky with jelly jar glasses and hand scribed menu boards and the waiter offered helpful suggestions about appropriate dishes. I'd certainly return for more.

1  Thank Taughboyne
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I had an excellent first time experience for Sunday breakfast. I had the California Bennie and would recommend it. My girls had banana pancakes and the serving was huge. Coffee is delicious. My hubby had the traditional eggs benedict. We will be back. The neighborhood is quiet and the vibe is good.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Four of us came here for a birthday Sunday brunch, and it was the perfect setting! We had mimosas to drink which were particularly good, but the service and setting were also excellent.

As a vegetarian, I was extremely happy with the options, as were the meat-eaters in my group. The food was fantastic, but took a little while to come- one of my group had to get a to-go box. Ve well priced though, and delicious. Will definitely be coming back here next time I'm in San Diego.