“Good food, reasonable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Town Mining Company - CLOSED

Old Town Mining Company
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Chandler, Arizona
“Good food, reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice location in Old Town. Food was good, the ribs were tasty. The kids enjoyed it too. Would go back again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank AZfamily22

Hawthorne, Florida
“Good Food, Bad Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I enjoyed their salads and the apple chicken dish. My husband and I were in town for our anniversary. All was going well, but our waitress, a dark-haired woman, never returned to see if we needed anything or even bring our check. We had to ask another waiter to get her, but she was "too busy." There were only six people in the restaurant. The waiter ended up bringing our check. Who does that? This incident took place March March 15, 2013.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
“Great Steaks, good value for the $”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We read about this place, searching for decent steak places a reasonable distance from our hotel in San Diego. Since we like visiting Old Town and it was close to the hotel, we gave the Old Town Mining Company a shot (and didn't want to do Mexican food again as we had the previous night). By the name, location, other ads & reviews, I was initially expecting it to be something like Claim Jumper or Outback (size-wise, and atmosphere) but it was much smaller than I thought, and being cold out we were limited to inside in the small dining room.
It wasn't crowded and we sat right away, but if you're expecting a nicer fancier upscale steakhouse atmosphere or large dining area, this isn't it. The tables are more like casual kitchen tables, not restaurant tables, and the dining area is actually quite small.
I had ribeye - which was excellent (good, marbled, tender) and hubby had the tri-tip, also good. My ribeye was also slathered w/ bleu cheese, and if you're a bleu cheese fan, THIS is the one for you. Sometimes restaurants 'sprinkle' it on top...but this ribeye was COVERED in melted bleu cheese...yum! I could feel my arteries harden with every bite! This is the way I would make it at home when I need a steak & bleu cheese fix.
Our drinks & re-fills were on the slower side - for the place not being busy or full - however it appeared there was only one waitress for everyone so to be fair I'm sure she was as busy as she could be.
We would probably go again, if in the area and want steak, and now we know what to expect in case we wanted to make a different choice.
Bottom line is it was good food, though, and big steaks, so it's a good value.

• Visited February 2013
Topeka, Kansas
“Best Breakfast for your Buck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

LOVED our breakfast here. The service was amazing, the complementary blueberry bread was so good we had to order a loaf to go, and the omelets were cooked to perfection. We will definitely go back.

Visited December 2012
Greer, South Carolina
“Old Town Mining Company”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice place to drop in and eat while touring Old Town in San Diego. Service was slow, but could be due to the fact we were splitting a plate at lunch. Food was just OK.

• Visited September 2012